Hubcentric spacers, help please.

gort

Hi Guys.

Just bought a set of these to use with my new wheels.

BlackSpacers1.jpg

My plan was to fit the new wheels and spacers for the Summer, and then revert back to the standard alloys in Winter.

The question is, would the standard alloys be OK with the spacers in place, or would I need to remove them for clearance/rubbing problems etc.

Also when I jack the car up and fit the spacers, does somebody need have there foot on the brake pedal, so I can tighten the nuts up?.

They will be fine with standard alloys, I would recommend using a torque wrench to do them up to the correct setting. I did have someone to push the brake whilst tightening the fronts :thumbs:

Make sure you re-check them after a few weeks...... just for peace of mind :thumbs:

you just need a long crowbar to hold the front hubs in place.

Pete

Where would you wedge the crowbar, I have recking bar, I wonder if that would work?.

Yep, that'll work if its long enough, from what I remember, you put the spacer on tighten it up by hand then put the bar between 2 opposing studs with one end of the bar on the floor then torque it on (if you've done it right the hub should stay put) and yeah, I got a bit concerned when I saw Chris with this great big bar :scare::lol: .

Pete