alpine HU. urgent help needed.

sparky370z

i am right in the middle of fitting a alpine double DIN HU. i thought i had all of the cables required to fit the unit to the car.

i have attached the loom adapter to the car and the unit is on an working (volume up) but i have NO sound coming out of the speakers. is this the low volume problem?

i have connected all of the looms together but there doesnt seem to be anything else to connect.

im usually pretty good with this sort of thing.

cheers

sparky

Have you earthed it, many aftermarket units require a separate earth I know my Pioneer did. I wouldn't think it is the low volume issue as you would still get something if you turned it up. It's a difficult thing to give advice on without seeing it, maybe if you post a picture up someone might be able to spot what's gone wrong...

I'm usually ok with these things too but I have to admit in the end I got it done professionally as even once I got it working there was a whine :surrender:

for info, if its not earthed properly normally it wont even power on :thumbs:

Ah I missed that bit, although with the Pioneer it powered up but went off after about 5 seconds :shrug:

well depends on how good/bad it is really

It was my own attempt so probably quite bad :blush:

It just powered up for a few seconds then shut down but then the Pioneer is windows CE based so maybe that was why it did it :shrug:

I have connected everything now. Run the cables for the camera. Just need to put it back together.

I used a ring crimp and earthed it on the gear stick chassis surround. Got loads of interference when it wasn't earthed properly!

The aerial has a male adapter and so does the HU. Is there an adapter I can buy?

Sounds and looks awesome! Will post up pics when fitted and working.