offsets ! well confused

carlton x

been reading loads of posts about offsets and its as clear as mud to me :doh: im going to order some 18" jade r alloys now the ad for them says 25-35 offsets will i get them to fit with or with out spacers and what size spacers would i need hoping to order them this week, thanks for any info

Are you asking about clearance because you have brembos?

Its hard to say what spacer you would need to clear (if any) unless someone on here has fitted the same wheel to their car and could give you the info. It doesnt just come down to the offset though, even the curve of the spoke can have an affect on the fit.

If you are getting them from a reputable wheel dealer then they should have the info on whether they will clear the calipers or not. :thumbs:

We need to know the width of the wheels......

There is a guy with an UY GT4 with Jade 19's on here, why would you buy 18's?..............

i wanted 19"s but was told they dont make them anymore by wheelbase ,i have an account with them so i get a good deal when i buy ther wheels,they also said they would not fit with brembos but im not so sure as ive seen them advertsd elsewere for 350z s with brembos

• 1 month later...
Quick question guys ...

For these sizes would a zed require arch work ?? And also what space would you need for the front to.clear brembos and look.flush.

19x10 et 40 front

19x10 et 15 rear

pcd 5x114.3

Cheers, Chris

et40? Epic fail, needs to be atmost et25.

For flush, you need a max of 15 front & rear. True flushness can only be achieved with arch work ;)

Yea Ian was disappointed with the front setup ... so you think a 15mm/20mm spacer setup at the front would have it sitting alot better?

In terms of the arch work does it make it really huigh looking when you return it to standard lets say around selling up down the line?

Thanks for the advice ... :)

20mm Spacer would be good, 25mm would be best though ;)

I never bothered with the arch work, Taddy would be the man to ask about that as he is running super low offsets with rolled arches B)

DSC_3552.jpg

Thats a 19x9.5 Et22 so an ET15 would be pretty much perfect IMO B)

Thats a sick setup ... always been a fan of your car styling ... have you got a R34 now?

Would 10.0 be cool looking all round or would you ideally need staggered setup?

Still stripping the Z, will be for sale in the new year, hopefully I'll have a GTR by my birthday :)

10 all round will be fine as long as you stagger the tyre sizes :thumbs:

We need to know the width of the wheels......

There is a guy with an UY GT4 with Jade 19's on here, why would you buy 18's?..............

i wanted 19"s but was told they dont make them anymore by wheelbase ,i have an account with them so i get a good deal when i buy ther wheels,they also said they would not fit with brembos but im not so sure as ive seen them advertsd elsewere for 350z s with brembos

as far as the zed goes i wouldnt listen to any on mass wheel suppliers, they never seem to have a clue as they just dump the reg in thier system and it spits out some wrong numbers.

Do your research as to what looks good and what look you want to acheive, then check with the wheel manufacturer or do some hunting around to see if they are still produced. remember, these guys just want your money, so if they dont have the 19's of course they will sell you onto some 18's which imo will look like a bag of ass with those style rims.

If you want to sit real flush and real sexy you'll need around 19x10 et0 up front and 19x11 et0 rear, so just slap it in the offset calculator and find the equal offset for the sizes you have, what you have to remember is ride height and camber makes all the difference so the lower you go the lower offsets you can sit over. Although at the sizes i mentioned above you will need some arch work for deffinate, as all flush fitments will require the rears rolling.

How high is your car sitting at present?

Dont take any of that the wrong way matey, just hope that helps. :thumbs:

Im lowered on Eibach Pro Kit at present ... Sitting really well compared to other cars ive had the pro kit in.

Further to this for the sizes below would I get away without arch work, I know im really against arch work but its just because my car is still like new and would feel bad doing something like that to it ... :p lol

FRONTS:

19 x 9.5 +17 offset

REARS:

19 x 10.5 +18 offset

Thanks, Chris

Im lowered on Eibach Pro Kit at present ... Sitting really well compared to other cars ive had the pro kit in.

Further to this for the sizes below would I get away without arch work, I know im really against arch work but its just because my car is still like new and would feel bad doing something like that to it ... :p lol

FRONTS:

19 x 9.5 +17 offset

REARS:

19 x 10.5 +18 offset

Thanks, Chris

Should get away with it, especially if you are running stretched tyres :thumbs:

FRONTS:

19 x 9.5 +17 offset

REARS:

19 x 10.5 +18 offset

Thanks, Chris

+1 :thumbs: though if your running streched tyres then throw on some 10mm spacers aswell B)

FRONTS:

19 x 9.5 +17 offset

REARS:

19 x 10.5 +18 offset

Thanks, Chris

I've had my arches rolled on the volks at stock height with those offsets/widths, but if you go stretched I don't think you'd have that issue at all. I'd go with those and get 275 in the rear :thumbs: