Another insurance rant

as2bsc

I know this has been said many times on here recently but I feel the need for a rant so I'm going for it... Just got my renewal quote from Direct Line at 1650 quid which has more than doubled from what I paid last year (750). I just find it unbelievable that a 29 year old professional with 10 years no claims that have been mainly earned driving performance cars has to pay so much! :rant:

I've done the usual comparison sites tonight and the cheapest I can get is 1400 with Admiral! I've got a few weeks yet so will have to ring around the old fashioned way but I'm pi$$ed off. It's getting to the stage where I'm going to just plainly refuse to pay these stupid premiums out of principle which ultimately means getting rid of the zed and losing out on the experience of owning such a fantastic car :angry:

Cheers for that Zugara, that makes me feel great! I used to be with More Than but they wouldn't insure my zed last year, they said they wouldn't insure over 2 litres. I'll give em a go :thumbs:

I'm pretty sure it's because I live in Oldham, the claim capital of the world!

Didnt want to offend. :blush:

Dont forget to compare prices against having your car in the garage or on the drive. Believe on the drive is cheaper

unless it's 700 quid cheaper they're still taking the ****. It's also odd that I'm probably one if the few people that does actually put the car in the garage.

Oh, More Than's computer just says no! Damn you bad postcode..grrr

hello, im 22 with 5 years no claims and am paying £1600 fully comp in london with a performance company called Green Light think they will deff be able to sort you out a better price and they will cover an aps twin turbo conversion for an extra £150 lol not to sure how that works but not complaing :yahoo::lol: much better than any other insurance company ive ever spoken to, but to get a quote you have fill in a form and they will give you a call to discuss what modds you have and how much, worth a try hope it helps :drunk:

Im 28 with 7yrs no claims and with Direct Line aswell, mine went from £380 to £490 this year and i was peeved with that! I feel fortunate now.

Makes me think there were a lot of thefts or something in the OP's area. What's your postcode?

I`ve just been looking at insurance for my zed this morning, boy have the premiums gone up, It must be due to the fall in prices on zeds and the increase in young lads buying them & writing them off on the exit of roundabouts. Yes you know who you are :dry:

It`s very frustrating as I paid £20k for my car when I bought it 3years ago. I`ve been driving 9 years now averaging 50-60k per year, ~(inc work milage) never had an at fault accident & now my insurance goes up because of the in-experience & immaturity of others :rant:

I just compared my postcode (SW London) against yours on compare the meerkat and got exactly the same quote so maybe it's not area based... wish I hadn't though, 30 seconds after getting a quote I got a phone call asking if I wanted insurance!

South West London and North East Norfolk, couldnt get much more different. Shows how pointless trying to rationalise car insurance is.

I've just had my renewal from Privilege, excess put up from £250 to £500, premium up from around £350 to £570. I'm 44, 10 years ncb. No mods allowed either, so I've binned them.

Had a quote from Admiral £250 excess, will insure mods and including a cbe exhaust came in at £470. NN15 postcode. 14k mileage with business use.

£40 more if I put the car down as garaged! Bonkers.

May try some of the others but will probably go with this as I don't think it's to bad.

Im 28 with 7yrs no claims and with Direct Line aswell, mine went from £380 to £490 this year and i was peeved with that! I feel fortunate now.

Makes me think there were a lot of thefts or something in the OP's area. What's your postcode?

I don't think it's a problem with theft it's more of a problem with scumbags driving around in 15 year old civics crashing into each other and then claiming that the whole family was in the car and that they all have whiplash injuries.

I've got OL1 postcode which is probably only slightly worse than Bosnia and Baghdad when it comes to insurance!

• 2 weeks later...

Thought I'd give you an update on my insurance rant- thanks to some of your secret quote tricks I've managed to get a quote with admiral down to 900 shiny ones! Still steep but much better than the 1600 quid direct line quoted. Funny how adding my old dear to the policy on 3.5 litre V6 brought the premium down! That combined with adding the missus and leaving the car outside the house made a huge difference :yahoo:

Thanks for the advice :thumbs: