wow forgot how good a drive this is....

buster

removed the front wheel spacers tis morning,no reason for this but as i had the front wheels off so i did.

god after taking her for an hour drive out on some of the b roads round here in dorset i ve got no plans on putting em back on :D .the steering is so more responsive and it gives you so much confidents to push through the corners. :teeth:

draw back is the stance just doesnt look as good but once in the drivers seat i cant see that. :blush:

sorry for the neg post ref spacers but had to share. :surrender:

Exactly my reason for never spacing my Rays!

And with bigger wheels with good offsets, why add more unsprung weight?! :shrug:

Wouldn't having bigger wheels with aggressive offsets have the same effect as spacers? The extra metal in the wheel to make it wider would also increase unsprung weight in the same manner as adding spacers.

And with bigger wheels with good offsets, why add more unsprung weight?! :shrug:

Wouldn't having bigger wheels with aggressive offsets have the same effect as spacers? The extra metal in the wheel to make it wider would also increase unsprung weight in the same manner as adding spacers.

I would have assumed this as well.

I would have assumed this as well.

If the wheel is constructed to not need a spacer then you save the weight of the spacer. My (unclear) point was why do people buy bigger wheels with the intention of putting spacers on... :)

But if the wheel is constructed in such a way as to not need a spacer, ie having agressive offsets then you're not saving the weight of a spacer, because the spacer is effectively built in to the wheel isn't it?

Depends on the wheel, but those well made will have been designed for the offset from the off and the spokes come to the right point for the hub to be in the right place.