Vredestein Ultrac Sessantas low stock?!?

HaydnH

Hi All,

I've got 2mm on 1 of my rear tyres, that's why I haven't been driving much recently and hence the flat battery yesterday! So, I urgently want to replace all 4 with Vredestein Ultrac Sessantas... However, EVERYWHERE seems to be out of stock of 225/45R18s! Camskill has no stock, tyremen have no stock, everywhere I phone has no stock - 1 place tried to order them and said they can't get them until January!!! WTF?!?

Any ideas?? Not too keen on buying Vredestein rears and leaving the stones (REO50A's) on the front... perhaps I should check the tread on the fronts and just replace the rears with more stones??

Haydn.

One of the stockists listed on the Vredestein website just said there's NONE in the country! :scare:

Actually they sounded pretty friendly and knowledgeable, as soon as I said the front tyre size they said there was none in the country without even referencing. If anyone's looking for a good tyre place in SW London, Munster tyres in Fulham could be worth a shot, as much as you can judge from a 2 minute phone call anyway. To be fair the guy did suggest some winter Vredesteins but you can't knock him for that, it being October and it wasn't a hard sell. Don't know what their prices are like either.

Looks like new stones assuming my fronts aren't too worn.

is the rear not 245 and the front 225?

That's correct, but if I go for Vreds on the back I'd want Vreds on the front also.

Anyway, Pneus would cost £653.22 for all 4.

I also found tyrexpress.com, £562.12 for all 4 and they have stock! You can also select your local fitter for the tyres to be delivered to on the site and they'll call you to book a fitting when they arrive which is nice.

Still not as cheap as tyremen (£515) but cheaper than Camskill (£574.60).

NOW for the REALLY good news! When I got my service recently I got a full health check as well as it's a newly purchased car and wanted to be safe (and my brother's the sales manager at the Nissan stealer so it was cheap :clap: )... anyway... they told me I had 2mm left on the rear nearside tyre... I just checked to see if I could get away with just replacing the rears for more stones... and I have 5-6mm all round!!! :yahoo:

My only concern is if the stealers can't even read tyre depths, can I trust the rest of their health check?!? At least I know I'm not going insane, I could have sworn I checked the tyres before I bought the car! :headhurt:

I just checked to see if I could get away with just replacing the rears for more stones... and I have 5-6mm all round!!!

Did you check across the whole width of the tyre? Uneven wear isn't unheard of, although I think it's more common on the fronts.