zed selling price

ewan221

Obviously have been looking at lots of zeds in the classifieds and there is huge variation of prices for cars of similar age and specs.

The asking price for 04 GTs with 50 odd thousand miles can range from £8500 to £10,500 with the majority being slightly north of £9500

I have no idea what the actual selling prices are, Id imagine up to 10% of asking price?

According to the app on my I-Phone a private sale of an early 04 GT with 50k is £8540 and dealer £10450.

Incidentally my old car has book value of £10,200 and I let it go for a lot less than that ïŒ

Obviously a car is worth what someone is willing to pay for it and personally I don’t mind paying a premium for a car owned by an enthusiast who you know has taken care of it and probably spent £1000’s

Just wondered what peoples thoughts are?

Theres a few things i do to judge the market value of a motor im looking to buy,first its do a national search on auto trader web,put in the age & max miles you want & the search will show loads of cars,that will give you an average,also do a detailed advanced search on ebay of completed items,the ones in the green are cars that have sold,this shows what the cars are making,the last thing is talk to a helpfull dealer & ask him what they pay for the model your after in a trade in,the trade in figure will be about the lowest your pay for 1 but it gives you a base line,the closer you get to the baseline the better deal you get,i would not buy from a main dealer unless the car still has manufacture warranty ie under 3 years old but that just me,but like you said i car is worth what buyer is willing to pay for it,good luck with the search :thumbs:

spoke with a few Dealers I know and for a 2004 a trade in offer would start at £7k and maybe go up to as far as £7.9k for a late model with low miles.

Thanks for tip on advanced ebay search, by far most of the Zeds on there dont seem to reach reserve and are not sold of the ones that sold there was a low miles 2004 GT that went for £7k, a 2002 JDM for £5.5 K, a 2003 GT that went for £7k but a non GT late 2004 went for £8k.

Looks like at the moment its a buyers market which obviously is great for me but @*!# for everyone selling and probally for me when I eventually go to sell.

Supose the problem is you never really know what the difference between peoples asking and selling price is. I know in past when looking at cars I have missed out as the asking price was way out of my budget so didnt even bother speaking to the seller only to find out that they sold it for less than my budget :bangin:

Usually I wouldnt look at a car 10% over my budget, maybe I have to think about that ? as people can only say no :)

The way the market is at the moment just keep making stupid low offers and see what happens, I know every advert says no tyre kickers and sensible offers only but who gives a stuff! If someone wants to sell they will sell and if they haven't had a decent offer they may take a stupid one out of desperation. Absolutely a buyers market at the moment so fill your boots :snack:

Yes ide look at cars 10% over budget,if you like it make your offer & if he turns it down give him your number walk away but tell the offer is open if he changes his mind,not in the same ball park but i looked at a car for someone,it was up for£450,i offered £200 walked away & 10 days later he rang & took the offer,buyers market at the mo,imo the best value zeds about are the 05/55 jdm's.

At moment have only seen one car and was actually well impressed with it, but this time Im trying to avoid my usual habit of buying the first car I see and then regreting it a few weeks later. Think maybe I will put a wanted post up to see if anyone on here is willing to sell in my price range and also make some "silly offers" to some on pistomnheads and autotrader :):)

I would def prefer a well looked after "known car" but if there is bargains out there I may as well chance my arm :teeth: