JetSets Spoiler Problem

ChrisS

Most of you will have read Petes thread,some baying for blood.

Pete is a not a confrontational guy,and did not name and shame for a few reasons.

Here are those reasons :-

1, I told him about these guys,I have had work done by them in the past and been very happy with the results.

2, As above,he's not confrontational.

3, The mechanic at this place is my best mates SON.

4, Caroline,Petes wife works with the mechanics Mother.

Yes I could just say that 'he is the mechanic side of things' and so OK. But no I am embarised about this (substitute feel like a sh1t) and have been trying to get it sorted for Pete myself.

I have told Pete that he should go to 'Trading Standards' as it is an extremly bad job. If it was my car I would contact them even though I am a friend of the Mother and Father of a member of the buisness (see 3,4,)

As said I am trying to get this sorted,but I too am not getting very far either.

I still think Pete should go to 'TS'

Tomorrow (Fri) Pete is coming to my place and we will attemp to polish out what look like grit marks ?, change the burger badge on the back and check out the scratch by the badge. Might even do the whole car with the ducks arsee polisher if time allows !

I have checked with a local body shop too (if Pete does not trust me,I do not blame him) and two local car sales places that use them.

If need be, we can contact them and maybe go and see them for further advise. (they give a 3 year writen guartee with there work and are a respected local company in Bala)

I,can not recommend them again.

ChrisS

Well, Chris has managed to eradicate most of the damage done when the spoiler was fitted. One or two of the scratches were too deep even for Chris's magic touch but the vast majority of the grit marks have been removed. Chris also gave my car a thorough clean, and I mean thorough :) . After watching Chris in action I now realise that my cleaning techniques are about 30 years out of date and my equipment 40 years :lol: , the car that I thought was reasonably clean turned out to be pretty grubby in reality.

Anyway, thanks Chris, looking better than ever now. A few pics to follow soon.

OMG, What's this? :lol:

P1014441.jpg

Chris in action

P1014443.jpg

Almost done, just the tail pipes to polish

P1014445.jpg

Pete

SNOW FOAM BABY! :yahoo:

Sorry to hear about all the trouble your having with the bodyshop. I dont know if there are any out there that have the attention to detail and care that owners like us deserve.

I had someone hit the side of my Astra at the start of the year. The insurance company use a body shop that was managed by my partners brother inlaw. He left shortly after my car was in there (6 weeks in total) ,but i had patches of over spray on random areas,and all sorts of defects all over the car. I paid them to respray the front bumper and bonnet and rear bumper,and they didnt even take them off to spray them! Took it back there twice,and in the end gave up and sorted them myself.

Sorry to hijack your thread.

Your car looks great,and glad you got to see the snow foam,it gets people looking at your car thats for sure!

See Pete I told you all my shelvesworth of cleaning kack is worth having!!!!!!

Seeing it in the flesh it wasn't as bad as I thought it would based on your piccies (although it would still of bugged me).

Now you can use your engine/machine cleaner on the engine bay :lol:;)

Fair play so Chris too......not nice having to name and shame friends and its doubley gutting when your let down by people you've recommended.

If your still looking local Autoimage up in Holywell are supposed to be very good - my mates dad has been in the industry for 40 odd years and he'll only take his cars there for body work and the Powerhouse (right next to DPL Auto's funnily enough) for mechanicals.