Anyone get F1 2010 on PS......or..

DoogyRev

Need for speed hot pursuit looks B) too....

You wait ages for a REALLY good racing game then 3 come along together :doh:

Im not a fan of F1 games to be honest, they are either boring if you have all the computer assists on or if you turn them off you race for 20 minutes then something falls off or breaks.... too realistic :lol:

I saw that was out too, I remember the original on PS1 B)

I know what you mean on the F1 game front..... perhaps I will just wait another 33 days, wont make any difference since the original GT5 date was released :snack::snack:

:lol::lol:

I saw that was out too, I remember the original on PS1 B)

I know what you mean on the F1 game front..... perhaps I will just wait another 33 days, wont make any difference since the original GT5 date was released :snack::snack:

And if you still want the F1 game you will be able to pick it up cheap when everyone trades it in ;)

The original NFS Hot Pursuit was quite possibly my favourite racing game EVER!

I rember upgrading my whole system to play it and getting a dual SLI graphics card set up that had 16 :scare: , YES 16GB of RAM on each card B)

Happy Days :dance:

It`s definately a single player game, you cant sit there and watch your friend play it or make your mate watch you.

Its quite involved, you really have to spend the practice time, tuning and adjusting your car to the track& conditions, personally I love this type of thing but not everyones cuppa

F1 games have always been a bit 'Techy' for me, I'm more a click and race guy :drive1

I remember a F1 game I had on the PC, I wasn't very good at it as you had to set up everything, literally take HOURS to set the car up before you could play it properly... I went online, clicked auto setup and joined a FULL grand prix simulation, 100 laps or something.... the race started, I gunned it, straight into the back of a Japanese guys car :lol: I have NEVER heard anyone swear in Japanese but I'm guessing he just spent all night getting all the settings right, did practice after practice, set a qualifying lap and then had a knob like me ruin it all :blush:

Darren be warned, if you go online avoid SpursMadDave if I ever get F1 :blush: I will be playing it like Demolition Derby :lol:

The only thing that really lets it down is the damage, you seem to be able to hit the car alot without it doing much harm to the car. That should be a setting as well to make it more simulation or none. Seems a pretty fair crack at an F1 game though.

It's always a trade off between an arcade game where you can bounce off walls / cars etc or simulation where you can do 40 or so laps then a slight mistake and it's history... difficult one to get right, I understand all the guys that want the latter but it is hardly going to sell then is it... :shrug: So what you normally get is a compromise which had loads of computer aids to make it like an arcade game and not enough for the F1 geeks, sorry Darren and Beavis :p

Maybe they should make two versions, an Arcade type one and a Hardcore F1 simulation :shrug:

If it was a setting though you could make your car a brick if you don't like it or switch it onto sim for the geeks. Should be simple like the driving aids. Would save them making two copies and you wouldn't be disappointed if you bought the wrong copy.

Yeah but it never seems to be one or the other just a happy medium...

Not technical enough imho.

Very true, cant beat the old Microprose Grand Prix games on the PC, technical setups & realistic damage

Massive +1. I spent loads of my time on that game and I don't think anything has come close to it since which is shocking really!!

Not technical enough imho.

Very true, cant beat the old Microprose Grand Prix games on the PC, technical setups & realistic damage

Massive +1. I spent loads of my time on that game and I don't think anything has come close to it since which is shocking really!!

That's the one I had on PC, I didn't get on with it but it was the most realistic one I've ever played, that's what I meant about a different version, maybe a special edition or something :shrug:

The lack of hands freaked me out a bit :scare:

1993 Version -

Microprose_Grand_Prix_game.jpg

It does look good but i'll be waiting for GT5.

In the mean time if you are looking for a cheap ps3 game to tide you over til then get DIRT 2, now that game is alot of fun. Added benefit is with a wheel its like a gym session too. Fantastic game.

Right my views have changed of |F1 now :rant::rant::rant::rant::rant: Its a load of ****

Just qualified 7th @ melbourne in the wet, @team lotus, started the race on full wets 8laps in get a puncture on the 1st corner, nurse the car back, get back out, go around a corner to find senna spun, no yellow flags, smash there goes my nose :rant: So I pit again, back out on intermediates lapping over a second a lap quicker than the rest of the field, un-lap myself from webber in 4th then get blue flagged 3 times, then drive through penalty, even though I was going faster than the car behind. What a s*** game :rant::rant::rant: Codemasters have an e-mail coming there way :boxing:

looks like your crap at it :lol:

I'm doing well with Force India, 1st 2nd and a 4th from the first three races.

Remember you can you the flashback if you have a problem ;)

I do like it levels of technical. For me forza took it too far.

But you must be cheating with it set up on an easy level at the beginning of your career, it lowers the AI & makes the car easier to drive, I found it to easy so went for the hardest setting & started at the bottom with lotus, a less developed team. Well thats my excuse anyway :surrender:

But you must be cheating with it set up on an easy level at the beginning of your career, it lowers the AI & makes the car easier to drive, I found it to easy so went for the hardest setting & started at the bottom with lotus, a less developed team. Well thats my excuse anyway :surrender:

no point on being on easy level

Right my views have changed of |F1 now :rant::rant::rant::rant::rant: Its a load of ****

Just qualified 7th @ melbourne in the wet, @team lotus, started the race on full wets 8laps in get a puncture on the 1st corner, nurse the car back, get back out, go around a corner to find senna spun, no yellow flags, smash there goes my nose :rant: So I pit again, back out on intermediates lapping over a second a lap quicker than the rest of the field, un-lap myself from webber in 4th then get blue flagged 3 times, then drive through penalty, even though I was going faster than the car behind. What a s*** game :rant::rant::rant: Codemasters have an e-mail coming there way :boxing:

No need for the email...I know for a fact that one of the developers of this game reads this forum ;)