Servicing in and around Chester

Fodder

Hi All,

Just after a bit of advcie really. I'm due a service in the next 600 or so miles as I've done 8k+ since march :wacko: .

The car is on an 06 plate and has been serviced annually (23.4k on the clock) with the service types being P1, P2, P1 and P3 in March so I believe I'm due a P1.

I'm looking to see if anyone can recommend anywhere in or around Chester to perform this service, I've searched and can only find that Nissan Chester isn't the place to be going..

A colleague who used to own a zed did recommend Stoneacre in Wrexham, they are no longer a Nissan dealership but he did recommend them as they still employ Nissan tech's and use Nissan approved consumables/parts but without the Nissan hourly rate.

So if anyone can recommend somewhere or can comment on Stoneacre I would really aprpeciate it.

Many thanks

Andy

I went to Nissan Chester last week and it cost me £253 for a P3 service. Very efficient, cleaned my car for me and I had 2 courtesy call from them asking if everything was O.K. People will always have differing opinions of garages but I found Lookers to be very good, they even offered me a courtesy car for a few hours.

Pete

Thanks Pete,

I must admit the posts I did see were a couple of years old and it was probably when the dealership was based in Huntington.

However that said I do know people who have had issues with the vauxhall and Renault side of the house.

I phoned Stoneacre and the servicing department were busy but the lady took full details of the car including mileage and previous levels of servicing and said they would call me back.

They called back quite quickly and confirmed a P1 was due and booked me in at a cost of £90 which will not invalidate my warranty.

I'll let you know how I get on.

P.S I'll keep an eye out for you, my reg ends in SBY on an Azure Roadster :-)

Cheers

Andy

EDITED as Huntigton not Huntingdon... d'oh

UNBASHED: Sorry you posted your response as I was posting my reply and got distracted with the call from Stoneacres.

I know what you mean about main dealers and I did have a test drive at Nissan Chester (Lookers) and wasn't that impressed but it was early days for that dealership opening - they were already an established Vauxhall and Renault dealership though.

I'll report back my experience with Stoneacre but so far so good as they got back to me in a reasonably quick time and answered any questions I had quickly and with answers I expected.

Thanks for responding and looking :)

Andy

Thanks Pete,

I must admit the posts I did see were a couple of years old and it was probably when the dealership was based in Huntington.

However that said I do know people who have had issues with the vauxhall and Renault side of the house.

I phoned Stoneacre and the servicing department were busy but the lady took full details of the car including mileage and previous levels of servicing and said they would call me back.

They called back quite quickly and confirmed a P1 was due and booked me in at a cost of £90 which will not invalidate my warranty.

I'll let you know how I get on.

P.S I'll keep an eye out for you, my reg ends in SBY on an Azure Roadster :-)

Cheers

Andy

EDITED as Huntigton not Huntingdon... d'oh

That branch in Huntington switched to Citroen a couple of years ago. They had a bad reputation and lost their Nissan dealership rights. It was an awful place to get to in any case. :) . Can't say I've seen an Azure roadster around Chester but I'll be on the lookout :)

Pete