Hill Start

geoff-r

Does anyone find this an absolutely terrible feature? The feature in question is the auto handbrake for hill starts. I cannot stand it and find it more of a pain in the arse than a help. I learned how to do a hill start when I was 17 and I haven't forgotten thank you very much Nissan. My drive is on a slight slope and so sometimes I can make a few quick back and forth movements to get out and it can be so annoying at times.

Can it be disabled?

Having an auto, I dont really find it a problem as I dont have a clutch to play with.

Knowing Nissan there will be no easy way to disengage it. Ye old way of removing fuses doesnt tend to work these days with many systems running through a single fuse or even multiple fuses for one system :surrender:

sorry to but in but how does it work? my drive is on a slope too, would it mean I have to put it in reverse instead of just rolling backwards whilst still in first gear? (for example just repositioning on a slope)

sorry to but in but how does it work? my drive is on a slope too, would it mean I have to put it in reverse instead of just rolling backwards whilst still in first gear? (for example just repositioning on a slope)

Judging by your sig you have a 350, this feature is only on the 370 as far as I know. Although as you might gather I wish it wasn't. Re-positioning on my drive is where it kicks in and is most annoying, or in traffic on a slope, it seems to 'auto hold' for too long and that can either result in me stalling (if it catches me out) or having to take off awkwardly so it completely defeats the purpose it was put in place for in my eyes.

• 5 months later...

Does anyone know how to remove this before I sever the bastard handbrake cables? I hate hate hate hate it!!!

Sorry for the rant but it can kick in sometimes when reversing it into our lock up, there is a slight raise from the lane into the lockup and it kicks in. Tonight I reversed it in, paused and it kicked in. I'm paranoid it's going to burn my clutch out one day because if you go against it all you can smell is clutch burning, someone help me :(