Have solved poor idle and spurious cel lamp on

doctor austin

So I though it would be worth sharing this...

So the symptoms were low idle speed and a bit lumpy, when listening at the exuast exit there was the odd mis beat, however with aircon on alls fine...then of late the Mil lamp has been on(several times and reset) code were 170 week running bank1, 300 misc misfire, and 1001 CanBus failure(simular to I2C comms) but the seemed to run okay anyways to cut a long story short the problem was a very small bit of leaf wedged in the MAF sensor...must of been there since I had the car. So removed it and washed the sensor with contact cleaner and now the idle is just purrrrfect rock steady at 750 rpm no air con and 800ish with aircon and silky smooth. overall the pick up from low revs is cleaner and the fuel consumption improved by 3-4 mpg oh and now the mil lamp stays off thank goddness!!..........I cant tell you have relieved I am to of sorted it. It was getting to me in a big way......I hate to think the outcome if I took it to a dealer to fix. Anyways I hope this information may be of some use to someone..one day. :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Who knows! its been there since I have owned the car(6months) I guess someone either replaced or just removed the filter, maybe the garage I bought it from and somehow managed to let the small piece of leaf get the wrong side of the filter then murphys law applied so it went straight for the little slots in the MAF sensor. Tell you what its so nice to have a real steady idle even without the aircon on. Whilst it didn't run bad once off idle its a lot smoother now...no wonder that engine management lamp came on. The other good thing is I now feel confident about is reading the codes from the dash lamp too if I ever need to (hope not) but its easy once you get the hang of it and saves having to get a reader (difficult for a JDM) or pay a garage. So I love the Zed even more now :D