Black buffing

rob d

Should black be treated any differently ? It may be a stupid question but standing in H*lf*rds :ban: staring like a eeedjut at the stuff on the shelves there was a super duper black paint cleaning kit for about 4 million quid.

Any thoughts ??

I bought bugger all and ran for it....... :dance:

please write again in the queens english :ban::teeth:

if your asking whats best to buy in halfords for a black car i would recommend

meguiars claybar kit then autoglym ultra deep shine polish (has some cut and will fill in swirls), followed by autoglym hd wax.

get some decent microfibres too

to be honest there is much better stuff online rather than going to halfords

try cleanyourcar.co.uk

Black is a difficult colour nto work with, it looks fantastic when you finish but is a pain to keep looking good.

I recommend Black hole polish and Supernatural was. You will of course need lots of other bits but these two are great fr a black car. Dont be put off by the price of the supernatural, I know its not cheap but the finish is amazing and a pot will last you a long time. :)

i used black hole last weekend , followed by megs 16 wax lovely finish

To be honest if you car is badly swirled it doesnt matter what wax or last step product you get , it wont look as good as machine polished swirl free black car.

The key is in the preparation, you can either try and fill the swirls with a glaze such as black hole or buy a machine , pads and polish and get rid of the swirls all together

think you need to have a good look around

www.detailingworld.co.uk

Sorry bud I was on my phone and its rubbish. :blush:

Search my posts for supernatural. It really is amazing and makes the hard work detailing a black car really worth it. It lasts pretty well too.

Not sure how much experience you have with the detailing bit. I got mine detailed a few times and just watched. I learnt a hell of a lot and although it cost a bit I think it was money well spent.

The detailing traders on here will sort you out. :)

Black is a difficult colour nto work with, it looks fantastic when you finish but is a pain to keep looking good.

I recommend Black hole polish and Supernatural was. You will of course need lots of other bits but these two are great fr a black car. Dont be put off by the price of the supernatural, I know its not cheap but the finish is amazing and a pot will last you a long time. :)

I've seen martins car after a super natural session at Wales and eve since then I want a black one. I've owned a black car before but the shine on a black zed is literally super natural

1. use swirl X to remove all swirls.

2.Meguies paint cleaner

3.meguires polish

4.Meguires carnonara wax

Polish with good quality micro fibre cloth.

take your time and the results can be excellent Ps Black is the best colour.

That looks amazing, makes me want a black car now. Is is the same stuff to get my silver one looking that good?

WOW rothers, that is stunning ! I absolutly love my new Z. I know bog all about detailing. I usually some local polish chaps to polish the car - Honda Civic, gone now- and had a spot of luncheon with darling wife. But all that must change to get the Z supery dupery :-)

BLimey that supernatural has a super price too....

I might go for the meguires list as detailed above......unless there are further votes ?

Dont be fooled though. The Z is an almighty large car to polish by hand.

I have invested in a Meguires DA polisher which makes things a lot easier and you dont run the risk of burning the paint as you would with a normal buffing mop. There are lots of new DA's about now, Kestrel and a few others which are reasonably priced and do the same thing but as with all things Meguires are at the front of the detailing game and have done all the R&D (research Development) so have developed the techniques to produce the best results.

I used to have a Silver GSI Turbo that got the same treatment and that also looked great.

1. use swirl X to remove all swirls.

2.Meguies paint cleaner

3.meguires polish

4.Meguires carnonara wax

Polish with good quality micro fibre cloth.

take your time and the results can be excellent Ps Black is the best colour.

Sorry to defer from original topic, but is the zed in the pictures (i presume to be yours??) for sale? i'm sure i've seen it on autotrader

With the meguiars list, what types do you mean ? There seem to be loads out there. Super gold cold spiffo etc

What shampoo then paint cleaner etc ???

How do these detailing angle grinders work ? Continous rotation or orbital ? Is it quicker, as much as you suggest ?

Thanks for the patience on all the questions, much appreciated :thumbs:

The swirl x is a must, theres no point polishing any car without a smooth serface.

The Meguires products are part of the 3 step system (google). Yes wash, then wipe dry before doing any detailing and the DA are an orbital system which prevents any burning of the paint. The time saved is worth hours.

The z in the pics is mine and unfortunately NOT for sale.

Well 5 hours of buffing have got me a fabbo shine. I used the meguiars 3 step stuff but in my local H*lf*ds they didn have the step 3 so bought the gold class stuff instead.

Excellent shine and very happy. So now a question on car wash shampoo, I guess that I dont use a wash n wax combo ? To me that would be putting a cheapo wax over the decent stuff I just applied. Or would it make no difference? How long should I leave it before repeating the 3 step treatment again ? I guess that I could just wash it as 'normal' - is this where a speed detail spray is used ???

I will get a photo and post later of current efforts :thumbs:

bloody bloody bloody bloody bloody bloody bloody bloody bloody bloody bloody bloody bloody bloody bloody bloodybloody bloody bloody bloody bloody bloody bloody bloody bloody bloody bloody bloody bloody bloody bloody bloody bloody bloody bloody bloody bloody bloody bloody bloody bird has sh*t on my car :bang::rant: