Roadster

garygttdi

Hi Guys still looking for a Z, just picky I guess and not prepared to accept mega miles on a car. However any comments on a roadster, I guess they will all in the main be imports, not that bothers me.

Does the Z suffer a lot as others do from cutting the roof off, I like a car to handle and if it really screws this up with scuttle shake etc, then I will forget it.

I gather they are really bad in terms of stowage space etc, although not overly concerned, as this will be a weekend car.

:thumbs:

Hi mate - the roadster was a standard UK car from 2005 although you can find imported ones also.

There is no scuttle shake on them and infact the body is stiffer than the coupe due to the additional strengthening. Talk to Zmanalex who runs a 600bhp roadster! ;)

Storage space is actually bigger in the ragtop than the coupe especially if you leave the roof up - you have more of less the full rear quarter of space to fill :D

They are a perfect long distance cruiser we went to France and back on hols with ours and it was great but then again the Zed is a good GT car anyway.

Have a look around there are plenty of roadster about and since the 370 came out I think prices have dropped a lot.

Good luck with your search any other questions let me know :thumbs:

Thanks guys as always really helpful and good advice always impressed with the community on hear. Think I will follow through on the deal then. Does the Z club have much going on in the SW would love to meet some other enthusiasts.

PS were do I go to get the flame from the exhaust !

I first wanted a coupe but test drove a roadster near me for sale I could not believe how good they drove and as the guys say no flexing or rattles anywhere it took me a while to find a nice example but I finally found one and in the 3 months Iv'e owned it I think I have had the roof up a handful of times.

Thanks guys as always really helpful and good advice always impressed with the community on hear. Think I will follow through on the deal then. Does the Z club have much going on in the SW would love to meet some other enthusiasts.

PS were do I go to get the flame from the exhaust !

Where you from?