Fast cheap internet

evilscorp

bt is shite with a capital SHITE...

im with virgin, 20mb and it has never failed on me at all.. im close by glasgow...

most connections if running on the standard phone line on adsl depend on how far you are from the service point and how busy the server is, so it is a hit and miss.

bt is shite with a capital SHITE...

im with virgin, 20mb and it has never failed on me at all.. im close by glasgow...

most connections if running on the standard phone line on adsl depend on how far you are from the service point and how busy the server is, so it is a hit and miss.

Wee internet with WRONG! bt is better than virgin,had both(cust service is much better on virgin thou) got free orange now,as good as any and cust service aint bad either.

my mate has it at my bit craigio and his download speeds are shockingly bad at peak times and the exchange is a fair distance away, not sure where though.. i get my 20mb cheepio as the missus works with them. can get 50mb quite cheap but to be honest i dont need anymore. when i test my virgin connection its almost always around 19mb on speedtest.net and never had any issues whatsoever

edit: just tested there 40ms ping to london and download speed of 20.9mb

bt are expensive, you can get the same or better for less.

if you like playing games online then i woudlnt go for the bt homehub as they dont make it easy for opening ports etc.

virgin will be faster if you can get cable but if you dont have cable then i wouldnt go for virgin as adsl isnt really their market

other than those little gems of advice, usefull or useless as they may be, all i can say is use moneysupermarket or the other one mentioned, to find the best deal.

• 3 weeks later...