Z Badges - yes AGAIN !

burgershot

Sorry - i know it'll be a simple to answer question - and i HAVE read the great step by step guide on how to remove the Nissan 'burgers'.

But what's the best stuff to use to get the sticky stuff left from under them off the paintwork without ruining it before adding the new Z badges !?

And whilst i'm on the subject i know there's debate as to whether or not there are pin holes left from under the rear Nissan badge, but even if i do will the new Z badge i've got cover there adequately enough to not need filling or will rain etc. get in there and cause problems without filling.

:D

roadsters haven't got holes... I heard 06 coupes might not have holes? this needs confirming

Best way to get rid of the sticky stuff is to heat it up and roll it together with your finger which will become sore after a bit. Once most of the stuff has gone away, use something like Farecla' G10 to get rid of the rest

the badges are completely flat on the rear, and come with pre cut sticky pads here's a photo .... as you can see there's holes in the back - but the holes i was talking about are the ones left in the boot from the pins coming out of the Nissan badge. I have no idea (apart from injection moulding design) why there's these holes on the rear of this Z badge.

Sorry - i know it'll be a simple to answer question - and i HAVE read the great step by step guide on how to remove the Nissan 'burgers'.

But what's the best stuff to use to get the sticky stuff left from under them off the paintwork without ruining it before adding the new Z badges !?

And whilst i'm on the subject i know there's debate as to whether or not there are pin holes left from under the rear Nissan badge, but even if i do will the new Z badge i've got cover there adequately enough to not need filling or will rain etc. get in there and cause problems without filling.

:D

Can't help with the hole questions.

As for the sticky stuff, firstly use your finger to try and 'roll' as much of it up together and then lift it off. Anything left, if it's just a residue then an older cloth and polish should get it off. If it's left thicker and won't roll off then try a credit card corner to push it off.

;) Hi , nice to hear about the glue removal ! But where do you get the replacement badges and does it invalidate your guarantee. Keefey :thumbs:

Badges here:

http://www.courtesyparts.com/350z/emblems.html

And how the hell could changing a badge invalidate your warranty :scare:

It changes the drag co-efficient if you change it therefore putting more strain on engine parts in reaching original performance.

;) Hi , nice to hear about the glue removal ! But where do you get the replacement badges and does it invalidate your guarantee. Keefey :thumbs:

Badges here:

It changes the drag co-efficient if you change it therefore putting more strain on engine parts in reaching original performance.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:bleh:

Badges here:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:bleh:

;):teeth:

haven't got round to fitting mine yet either - so i'll look forward to your pics Stew - especially any if you can of the rear holes (if you have any) before you fit the Z badge there.

Spills Grounding kit arrived today too - so this weekend i'll be fitting those too unless the wife hides it away for Christmas - she has a habit of doing this in the months leading up to December :angry: because she doesn't have a clue what to buy me and anything i order for myself she likes to snatch for herself.

roadsters haven't got holes... I heard 06 coupes might not have holes? this needs confirming

Best way to get rid of the sticky stuff is to heat it up and roll it together with your finger which will become sore after a bit. Once most of the stuff has gone away, use something like Farecla' G10 to get rid of the rest

Hanel didn't have holes on his 06 roadster

Roll with finger and keep it warm with a hairdryer as you are rubbing. Careful on the front badge. The locating plug can make a nasty gouge in ya finger when removing the glue

Hanel didn't have holes on his 06 roadster

Roll with finger and keep it warm with a hairdryer as you are rubbing. Careful on the front badge. The locating plug can make a nasty gouge in ya finger when removing the glue

I remember Jacko saying he'd tried a decent quality eraser which worked well

Fitted mine this morning after the bodyshop collection.. Very happy with them!! The front was missing anyways so no worries getting that off... Got rid of the excess crap with a bit of rubbing compound, seemed to work ok..

The back was a bit of a mission but alot of hot water and a bit of patience (plastic fridge scrapper thing too :teeth: ) it came off in the end..

Was a little worried about the lack of spokes on one of the badges when I saw the rear one.. Glad to see I didnt get the wrong ones!!

• 3 weeks later...
I wanted to order 1 front badge satin finish from www.courtesyparts.com. Costs $46.

Then i wanted to check out and I needed to choose the shipping method.

shipping is $60 :scare:

Where can i get them with cheaper shipping costs? Maybe some UK reseller? Maybe one with a forum discount? :p

Got mine from Chris @ funkystyling. He made a loss on them so don't think he'll want to do them again at the same price. Maty be worth a PM to see what he would do them for?