what to do, what to do...

Woody

Hi all, I am very tempted to go down the remap path. Now ive heard people say do bolt on mods before the remap. I have a k1 with y pipe and a cosworth panel filter, but in a pre facelift box. I have no idea what power im putting out now (nothing more than the standard 276bhp?)

My question is what else can i do other than a spacer? Does a post air box.make that much differance? would smoothing and drill my air box make a differance?

cheers woody :thumbs:

If you're after power, from what I can tell you need to fit the standard airbox (06 onwards) with a good quality panel filter, and change your K1 for something with a smaller bore to create some of the back-pressure you've lost. Fit a plenum spacer, get decats/hfc before the Y-pipe.

Whatever you do, don't drill the airbox, in now way does this help. On any car. You're just drawing in warmer air from the engine bay.

To be fair, if you're happy with the sound of the car and not too fussed about ultimate power (only talking 10-15ghp anyway), fit a spacer and get it tuned.

i wouldnt go throw out any fi ideas just yet :D

Just got to wait until the price of charger kits come down :lol:

I don't think they will get much lower than they are now. You can get a Vortech kit for about £2.5K

i wouldnt go throw out any fi ideas just yet :D

Just got to wait until the price of charger kits come down :lol:

I don't think they will get much lower than they are now. You can get a Vortech kit for about £2.5K

I best get saving then. I would love to supercharge it, but i dont think that will happen anytime soon :thumbdown: