Headlight woes - please help

docwra

I drove my 350Z into a hedge last year and part of the damage was that both headlight covers were scratched. Rather than pay the incredibly extortionate price for replacements, I managed to source some new covers and replaced both. So far, so good. :)

Unfortunately one of the covers wasnt sealed properly, so there has been some condensation forming in the light. The light stopped working a few weeks ago, and after its latest service Im told the ballast pack has gone and the whole light unit needs replacing as the ballasts arent sold seperately. This is an even scarier price than it was last time round. :thumbdown:

So, does anyone know if I can get ballasts seperately, or if there are decent replacement lights available that could do the job? Cheers in advance :)

i may have a spare ballast but i would need to check when i get home, R35LEE or zmanalex may have them also. To be honest you may need to replace the more than just the ballast as the wiring or connectors may be corroded? Its hard to know without it in bits infront of you tbh.

I took it to Marshall Nissan and they confirmed it was the ballast unit, telling me that a replacement was only sold with the a new headlight. If there are wires or connectors involved then I shouldnt have a problem replacing them. Ive been trying to get hold of Lee for the past month or so - anyone know where hes gone?? - and Ill PM Alex now - cheers matey :)

I drove my 350Z into a hedge last year and part of the damage was that both headlight covers were scratched. Rather than pay the incredibly extortionate price for replacements, I managed to source some new covers and replaced both. So far, so good. :)

Unfortunately one of the covers wasnt sealed properly, so there has been some condensation forming in the light. The light stopped working a few weeks ago, and after its latest service Im told the ballast pack has gone and the whole light unit needs replacing as the ballasts arent sold seperately. This is an even scarier price than it was last time round. :thumbdown:

So, does anyone know if I can get ballasts seperately, or if there are decent replacement lights available that could do the job? Cheers in advance :)

I have ballasts and replacement lights :thumbs:

Drop me a pm if I can help you further.

Alex. :)

I took it to Marshall Nissan and they confirmed it was the ballast unit, telling me that a replacement was only sold with the a new headlight. If there are wires or connectors involved then I shouldnt have a problem replacing them. Ive been trying to get hold of Lee for the past month or so - anyone know where hes gone?? - and Ill PM Alex now - cheers matey :)

hes been swamped with work and been working abroad for the past little while.