Flywheel

neil354

I had to have my flywheel replaced by Nissan last week due to excessive radial movement at a total cost of £2,084 (this included a new clutch also). I've only had the car for two months and got a three month warrenty with it. (Not a Nissan warrenty, it's from a company called Warrenty Wise).

Anyway they are refusing to pay for the work because they believe the problem with the flywheel was general wear and tear.

I am planning to appeal this decision and just wandered if anyone thinks that I might have a case. I was going to try to find out who manufactures the flywheels and send them an email to see what they say. If they say its not wear and tear then surely the warrenty people will have to pay. Does anyone know who does manufacture the flywheels for Nissan?

Normally the flywheel only wears because the clutch is on it's own way out, which causes the damage to the flywheel (this is why many end up replacing them both at the same time). If that's the case here, then you may well have a problem proving your case sadly. :(

Normally the flywheel only wears because the clutch is on it's own way out, which causes the damage to the flywheel (this is why many end up replacing them both at the same time). If that's the case here, then you may well have a problem proving your case sadly. :(

+1 that would be wear and tear, sad to say those warranties don't account for much. Same if your brake pads was shot after 2 months the would not cover that, not sure if they even do that if the pads brake down taking her around the corner from the dealers... Shame that you didn't get it in writing from them that they WOULD pay before you carried out the repair works, since you'd be able to get aftermarket parts and fitting for less then that. Wish you well!

I thought that might be the case, I still might try anyway, they can only say no. Hopefully I havn't bought "one of those cars". My drivers side window motor has packed in as well in the two months I've had it, although the warrenty did actually pay for this, or they will do so they say, or that will be another £370!

Does anyone know who does manufacture the flywheels for Nissan?

LUK manufacture the stock dual mass flys for Nissan.

At circa 30K you were probably due for a fly and clutch swopout.

Pity you never posted up before you went to Nissan as prices on here are very reasonable.

viewtopic.php?f=38&t=27436

viewtopic.php?f=38&t=31543

Alex.

Does anyone know who does manufacture the flywheels for Nissan?

LUK manufacture the stock dual mass flys for Nissan.

At circa 30K you were probably due for a fly and clutch swopout.

Pity you never posted up before you went to Nissan as prices on here are very reasonable.

viewtopic.php?f=38&t=27436

viewtopic.php?f=38&t=31543

Alex.

I know, I wish I had now, could have saved myself a lot of money! At least I will know for next time (I'm being a bit pessimistic here!)