Godddaaaaamn Speed Camera Vans!

kennyc

Don't even try to pretend you never got the NIP - at best, you'll end up in court eventually (which is what you're trying to avoid), at which point you'll either have to pay a lawyer to go for you (and so avoid been identified), or go yourself and be convicted.

Make sure you send all your correspondence recorded delivery (you'll find they'll do the same once they realise that you're not simply going to pay up).

You now have to string things out for as long as possible before sending the pace letter- idea is to make it too late & too much trouble for them to pursue you.

So you wait until it's nearly the deadline for returning whatever stage of documentation you're at - you should have around 28 days after each demand/threatening letter. NEVER miss that deadline though, or you're done for.

Use anything you can think of to keep the letters flowing and the deadline extending. Ask for the photo - you can't remember who was driving. You'll get a B&W copy. Then ask for a better photo - colour because the B&W isn't clear enough. You'll end up having to arrange a visit to their offices to view the glorious technicolour. Have a bunch of good excuses why you can't attend on the dates you're offered. Try to get a date as far ahead as possible.

When you view, DO NOT SAY ANYTHING (admit anything, and you'll be shafted again)! Just look suitably chastened, and ask for a further extension so you can get all the documentation ready.

At the very last possible moment, send the PACE letter attached to the NIP with 'see attached letter' scrawled on the NIP. They'll probably send you another NIP and start making various threats. DO NOT REPLY TO ANYTHING FROM THE TIME YOU SEND THE PACE LETTER. You've satisfied s197, and have not convicted yourself by sending in a signed NIP. As the law stands at present, they cannot convict you.

They've got 6 months from the time of sending the NIP to have you up in front of the judge. Once the 6 months has gone by, you're safe.

I managed to get around 4 months down the line before sending the PACE letter. Then it was christmas, and then... nothing ;)

When this happened to me I got a letter..... :thumbdown:

Normally if you've seen them the gun has seen you and if it's over the limit for anytime at all I think they add it to the list. Only one I've not been able to get off too. :blush:

www.speedtrapbible.co.uk - know your rights!! ;)

Link doesn't work :blush:

I have heard that you can say that a family member from another country borrowed your car and they have now gone back home!

I also heard that if the letter is not sent registered post then you can claim to have never received the letter and therefore they have not informed you of intention to prosecute within the 14 days that they need to?

Anyone else know of anyways to get away with it?

Like the idea of a foreign relative - how would you prove insurance??

Also like the idea of the registered post, did it work Sarnie??

I've not tried either yet but I do know that when my mate got done his letter came normal post. How can it be proved when it arrived if its not sent registered post?

not reading all the thread, sorry but seen too many....

the great british law helps in that the police only have to prove sending the notice no proof is required for delivery. Big con I know

When this happened to me I got a letter..... :thumbdown:

Normally if you've seen them the gun has seen you and if it's over the limit for anytime at all I think they add it to the list. Only one I've not been able to get off too. :blush:

www.speedtrapbible.co.uk - know your rights!! ;)

Link doesn't work :blush:

I have heard that you can say that a family member from another country borrowed your car and they have now gone back home!

I also heard that if the letter is not sent registered post then you can claim to have never received the letter and therefore they have not informed you of intention to prosecute within the 14 days that they need to?

Anyone else know of anyways to get away with it?

Like the idea of a foreign relative - how would you prove insurance??

Also like the idea of the registered post, did it work Sarnie??

I've not tried either yet but I do know that when my mate got done his letter came normal post. How can it be proved when it arrived if its not sent registered post?

not reading all the thread, sorry but seen too many....

the great british law helps in that the police only have to prove sending the notice no proof is required for delivery. Big con I know

So it's a case of delaying tactics???

I got caught speeding by a "safety van" while overtaking in an overtaking lane in my old Calibra Turbo. Got a £350 fine and banned for 2 weeks :rant:

The fine depends on how much you earn which IMO is completly wrong!!

Anyway, license came back with no points on it so it doesn't affect my insurance.........which is nice.

(Sorry I know this doesn't help ;) )

hmm any points bans or convictions in the last 5 years?

lets see

imagine I tell them 6 points from 4 years ago

or no points but a ban/conviction from 6 months ago

I know where I'd take my chances

Liam I've had that argument with traffic freinds and they say so long as they can prove it was posted within the time limit then it is good enough

hmm any points bans or convictions in the last 5 years?

lets see

imagine I tell them 6 points from 4 years ago

or no points but a ban/conviction from 6 months ago

I know where I'd take my chances

Liam I've had that argument with traffic freinds and they say so long as they can prove it was posted within the time limit then it is good enough

Don't you just love Loop holes :)

Every insurance company I've been with since my ban (Feb 2004) have siad it doesn't make any difference because I was banned under an SP30 (which they can't understand) and have no points on my lisence.

Strange I know but true, in fact my insurance was cheaper on my renewal the first time after my ban and I did inform them of it.

Every insurance company I've been with since my ban (Feb 2004) have siad it doesn't make any difference because I was banned under an SP30 (which they can't understand) and have no points on my lisence.

Strange I know but true, in fact my insurance was cheaper on my renewal the first time after my ban and I did inform them of it.

Result! :yahoo:

If you were doing 80 in a 30mph zone then it comes up as a SP30. You would be banned for being twice the speed limit. Think thats how it is.

• 2 weeks later...