a little help for my cousin and flood victims

LRF4N

im sure u have all heard of the havoc in pakistan caused by the floods recently

my cousin is running 10k this sunday to raise money for the victims but on top of that she will be fasting while doing it- no food or water until sunset that day

im sure ul agree thats no mean feat and would be nice if she got some help from some of the members on here, no matter how little. its a great cause too. thanks in advance

http://www.justgiving.com/Afia-Aslam

thanks G didnt know about the ebay donations il keep it in mind. where in lanarkshire u from?

weve been fasting since we were kids ekona so she will be fine. if the going ever gets tough we just take food or water to break the fast but she should b fine, think theres 4-5 of them doin it together

The fasting might not be too much of a problem (assuming it's only for that day and she stock up on carbs the previous days), but doing any kind of distance running without water certainly is and really shouldn't be encouraged at all. Best of luck to her and all that, but please tell her to take on fluids before and during the run.

thanks G didnt know about the ebay donations il keep it in mind. where in lanarkshire u from?

Larkhall mate, good luck to your cousin, a worthy cause, breaks my heart to see this level of suffering.

Oh and BTW, a 10k shouldn't be a problem, as long as she is hydrated during the early hours before the run B)