UPREV booked 27th sept

Demolition49

I have decided to go ahead and book up my UPREV with abbey and im defo looking foward to the remap, my question is though, what kind of extra stress will be put on my engine and transmission, can the Z handle the extra horses? im expecting my clutch to wear out faster but anything i should be aware of?

I.E what upgrades should i get once i have a Z with more HP than normal, does the tranny need uprating + engine components... (my main concern is 100% WOT... im not sure that IS a good thing? especially in say 1st gear.

Also im contemplating getting a plenum spacer fitted for the remap to go along with my K&N panel filter on my otherwise stock Z... how much would it cost for you guys to fit a plenum spacer?

I have decided to go ahead and book up my UPREV with abbey and im defo looking foward to the remap, my question is though, what kind of extra stress will be put on my engine and transmission, None really unless you go FI can the Z handle the extra horses Yes, Mark will give you a full run down etc? im expecting my clutch to wear out faster but anything i should be aware of? Clutch should be fine.

I.E what upgrades should i get once i have a Z with more HP than normal, does the tranny need uprating + engine components... No - although from this post I believe you are just going for Uprev and mapping of your air intake - I do not believe there are any gains from the Uprev alone (BHP) what it does is tune the engine to be more fruity - i.e. more in tune with performance. Don't forget the car which comes out the factory is set for optimum MPG / BHP / Torque and safety - the UPREV will give you the best possible gains from what is under the engine.(my main concern is 100% WOT... im not sure that IS a good thing? especially in say 1st gear. WOT is fine, I thought it would be a big difference, but there isn't - all it does is provide you the option to wide open throttle the car in first, but realistically this isn't possible as you'd just lose traction, I believe the benefits to be more in 2nd and 3rd gear when you can WOT without loss of traction

Also im contemplating getting a plenum spacer fitted for the remap to go along with my K&N panel filter on my otherwise stock Z... how much would it cost for you guys to fit a plenum spacer?

If you check out my dyno post viewtopic.php?f=25&t=24431&start=15 - I have a map that shows the before and after UPREV, although this includes, ARC Air Induction, Plenum Spacer, XYZ Pipe and De-cats. So there's a whealth of add-ons there to increase BHP and Torque which I gained 18hhp - this is only slightly noticable, although the UPREV which tightens the throttle response and give the engine life is the best modification.

We carry the plenum spacers in stock they are £179-77 inc vat , no postage if from us we can fit it before we run your ca ron the dyno.

Clutch wont be stressed any more than a stock car

We have tuned approx 40+ cars now never had any hassle with any cars after we have tuned them.

Mark

We carry the plenum spacers in stock they are £179-77 inc vat , no postage if from us we can fit it before we run your ca ron the dyno.

Clutch wont be stressed any more than a stock car

We have tuned approx 40+ cars now never had any hassle with any cars after we have tuned them.

Mark

how much to fit the plenum spacer Mark if carrying out a UPREV same day

I had the plenum spacer & uprev done with abbey,think it came to about £800 inc the dyno(money well spent),my gains were only about 10bhp but due to the up rev it felt much more,imo its the best mod,cant see it wearing the clutch faster,as for traction only in the wet have i lost any that i never planned to.