Registration transfer...

djrm

I am transferring the Registration from my FTO to my new Z and have all the papers filled out and ready to go however, it is so unclear about how to pay?? I want to use a cheque as that seems easiest to me but it says nothing about who to make it out to or even where to send the forms?!

Can someone help please? Anyone else done this? How did you go about it... I have heard that you can do it at the post office, this true?

Thanks!

Ryan

You will have to go to a regional DVLA office, their website should list them. I know how you feel, it's all really unclear and shrouded in several different forms. I think that checks being on the way out, everyone is making it harder to pay by this method.

The Post Office's that issue tax discs may be able to help, although my local one was useless when I wanted a form from them, ended up downloading and printing myself.

Go to the local DVLA office with your paperwork. They should assist you with the process and you can also pay by card (debit I believe).

I would take ALL documents for both cars, including any MOT and current tax discs. They should reissue you a tax disc there and then, while taking the V5 docs away and having them ammended. They will also need your insurance certificates and will ammend the registration and stamp the document so that if your tax runs out before your insurance, you will be able to tax the vehicle.

The insurance companies will also need to be informed once the DVLA have made the change as they will send out new docs with the correct registrations for each car (there may be a small admin charge for this from some insurers - maybe £10 or so).

Hope that helps.

I've just put the missus's on retention and paid by cheque. Turn around was about 3 days but the DVLA local office target is within 14 days. Bloke said to me that paying by cheque does not slow the application.

They don't so a check and wait service anymore (or at least they don't at mine) so you do have to wait a few days for the MOT and tax discs.

V5 takes as long as the DVLA want to faff about I'm afraid but provided your not selling one of the cars shouldn't be any major headache for you.