de-cat with factory exhaust

dyla350z

Thinking about de-catting,i sure somewhere you could expect between 10-15bhp gains,is this true?I want to keep the sound close to stock,dont mind a bit more db but not loads,anybody no how much louder this set up would be?i know about the mot issue's,any imput will be app.

It was louder but that was 4 years ago so I can't remember exactly how much :lol: . Never had it dynoed with just that but I did with decats/y-pipe/exhaust/intake/plenum & gained a huge 8hp.

Don't believe everything the manufacturers tell you ;)

Am I not right in saying that only the plenum spacer will give any real-world gains, without an ecu re-flash? I thought the ecu would just compensate for any extra flow and therefore negate any gains. Often if it sounds louder though it will feel faster - good old psychology and all that.....

Am I not right in saying that only the plenum spacer will give any real-world gains, without an ecu re-flash? I thought the ecu would just compensate for any extra flow and therefore negate any gains. Often if it sounds louder though it will feel faster - good old psychology and all that.....

Well on a JDM ECU the pure plenum spacer gave me 9HP (fly!) according to the UK ECU the puter will learn the mod and cancel it out... without a tune it's pointless IMO. Get all your mods done and then hand it in for a tune either with aftermarket EMS or using Uprev from Osiris. A Tune can give you around 10-11hp if I'm not wrong and then whatever other mods you got. I feel that you need to use well matched mods for the engine/exhaust/intake... not something I think that I've managed myself 100% (live and learn)

:teeth:

Well on a JDM ECU the pure plenum spacer gave me 9HP (fly!) according to the UK ECU the puter will learn the mod and cancel it out... without a tune it's pointless IMO.

ALL 350z,s will retune to the air fuel ratio that is in the template in the ECU this is what we tweak when we remap , the JDM is no different to any other 350Z I am afraid. I should know a JDM is my daily driver.

I tuned this car, what he hasnt said we have priced to fit decat pipes and a XYZ Y pipe with a race cat , this is the preferred route will tell customers that works and isnt to noisy.

Well on a JDM ECU the pure plenum spacer gave me 9HP (fly!) according to the UK ECU the puter will learn the mod and cancel it out... without a tune it's pointless IMO.

ALL 350z,s will retune to the air fuel ratio that is in the template in the ECU this is what we tweak when we remap , the JDM is no different to any other 350Z I am afraid. I should know a JDM is my daily driver.

I tuned this car, what he hasnt said we have priced to fit decat pipes and a XYZ Y pipe with a race cat , this is the preferred route will tell customers that works and isnt to noisy.

Mark I spoke to scott last wk & will be going with you and your reccomendations but i never forgot to mention xyz & race cat,you forgot to give me your recs and estimate i posted before the call from scott,will ring you next wk and book it in,thanks garry.

mmm sweet, stand corrected. :blush: not sure how I got the number I did with my std ECU when I had a tune done... possibly it was on a "learn" at that stage B)

Out of interest Id more the likely go down the route of needing a Y pipe with race cat in it, can you PM me price and shipping to EIRE? (maybe a photo would be sweet too)