So near ... but yet so far!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was out for dinner with them this weekend and STILL managed not to tell them about it.. :D

Plus, I MUCH to prefer to say I HAVE a car... rather than I am HAVING a car.... like a lot of my friends do.

"I am going to get XYZ motor" .... you hear it all the time.

Absolute class!!! Just think of the expressions on their faces when you roll up in your new beastie. :D

Absolute class!!! Just think of the expressions on their faces when you roll up in your new beastie. :D

Yup...

Something along the lines of .... :scare:

One of my friends is a REAL piston head. Currently drives some big Beamer but his REAL car is in the garage.

A 200ZX, currently getting towards Stage4 and 400brake. It is all shrouded in secrecy and hasn't been on the road for 2 years (Not likely to be for another 2 either!)

Im hoping he may be able to give me some pointers on my FIRST RWD motor.

Little worried I will run out of talent VERY fast in this bloody rain.. :(

Anyone have any pointers? Other than "DON'T TURN OF THE TC!!" :wacko:

Thought I'd chuck up a couple of piccys...

These are from the Autotrader AD...

Z1.jpg

Z2.jpg

Z3.jpg

Z4.jpg

Seats could do with a feed...

Z5.jpg

Engine bay needs a GOOD clean!

Z6.jpg

All in all, I think it is a pretty clean car.

Couple of scratches here and there, as well as a pretty big round (6cm) scrape/dent at the bottom on the rear bumper.

But that can be sorted at a later date....

What do people think? HONESTLY? :blush:

Looks like a tidy 350Z mate, just needs a little tlc. Read up in the detailing section on here, get yourself some nice stuff to clean her with and it'll shine away! :D

Never bothered with detailing before (cars were not really good enough to be worth bothering with) but THIS one will be B)

B) A lot of car for the money..like your wheels :thumbs:

Yeah...

The wheels look good from a distance.... OK from closer... but a little scuffed close up.

But I think they are still a way off needing a refurb yet.... Just gotta remember I am not in my diesel with 14" steels an HUGE tyres! :yuck:

HAHA! You tea leaf!!!!!!! Stole it out from under me and another bloke who are looking to get Zeddy.

It looks mint mate and if we'd had the money a week earlier would of been haring it down to Wolves to get it!

You did well to get it for 8k - pretty good bit of negotiation.

K1 and a pop charger.........from what I've heard you'll need to get your ear muffs out :D

My zed is back up for sale after im back off holiday if anyone wants a pearl white nearly standard 52 jdm previously owned by Skepta B)

:lol: 'nearly standard'.............there's enough carbon on her that when you drive through a small village you'll actually push their Carbon Footprint into climate changing proportions!

Not anymore ricey :thumbdown: standard wheels waiting to go on,k1 is off,splitter & badges gone and the bonnet & brows if they come off goes on monday

I like the end of your post though :clap:

Dude I'll be keeping a peeper out for the it when your ready to sell. Since seeing Rene's car for sale the missus is obsessed with getting a white one.

Ah so you're the guy who beat us to it :lol:

I missed this one by 24 hours - so close!

Good purchase mate and good going on the price too, I think you got a great car for the cash! :D

:thumbs:

HAHA! You tea leaf!!!!!!! Stole it out from under me and another bloke who are looking to get Zeddy.

It looks mint mate and if we'd had the money a week earlier would of been haring it down to Wolves to get it!

You did well to get it for 8k - pretty good bit of negotiation.

K1 and a pop charger.........from what I've heard you'll need to get your ear muffs out :D

Sorry guys... it was just down the road for me. And I had the cash. B)

At the end of the day... You snooze you loose! ;)

Hope you find something better on your Z-hunt. :D

This "Pop-Charger" ... do you mean the CAI?

And what is a K1?

It's not that loud to be honest. Sound nice, subtle. Just how I wanted it.

Very nice motor there - all it needs is a trip over the welsh border for the welsh weekend thats coming up on the 18th/ 19th ;) give it a run on some lovely roads.

Cheers Will. Where will that be my good man?

Might pop over, but I think I need to get to grips with the monster first! :drive1

Pop charger = American for cold air intake, made up by someone called Jim Wolf (sp?). It's somehow a very popular item, despite a lot of people changing back to standard air box...

K1 = the name given to an exhaust that a former (now very sick) trader on here sourced and sold - now used as a name by Japspeed. It's a relatively cheap exhaust for the Zed, many have had fitment issues from I have seen.

Search button will reveal a whole load more.... ;):)

Pop charger = American for cold air intake, made up by someone called Jim Wolf (sp?). It's somehow a very popular item, despite a lot of people changing back to standard air box...

K1 = the name given to an exhaust that a former (now very sick) trader on here sourced and sold - now used as a name by Japspeed. It's a relatively cheap exhaust for the Zed, many have had fitment issues from I have seen.

Search button will reveal a whole load more.... ;):)

Yeah... I should do some searchys...

It has a CAI "Pop Charger"... the cone is FILTHY.. need to replace or clean (gotta find out if it's cotton or mesh)

Presume I could replace the cone with a greeny or something?

I am pretty sure the Xorst is standard.. and not a "K1" (will have a search)

Cheers bud! :teeth:

Just got the headlamp washers working. I had to put like 10 odd Liters (I SWEAR) into the bottle to get them to work... but they ARE working now :bounce:

Just had a look in the boot and the thing dropped on me! Presume the gas is going/gone in the struts... or it could just be that they are cold (Not THAT cold here today though!)

I will get on the search button...

Thanks again peeps! :#1:

If the washer bottle was empty it may have taken some time for the system to pressure up so it all worked. I've disconnected mine - it makes the car dirty :lol:

As for the boot, take a look around, there is a counter weight that can help with that, and the traders do replacement struts :)