So near ... but yet so far!

If the washer bottle was empty it may have taken some time for the system to pressure up so it all worked. I've disconnected mine - it makes the car dirty :lol:

As for the boot, take a look around, there is a counter weight that can help with that, and the traders do replacement struts :)

I have been VERY VERY lucky with forums. I found delsoluk, seatcupra, ultimatereef.

All of which are full of peeps who are very helpful and full of great knowledge.

And most importantly, who don't mind answering the same newbie questions... over and over again! :dummy:

And now, I have found here.... Im pretty fecking lucky! :cloud9:

Cheers for all the help guys! :clap::#1::thumbs:

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That exhaust is a K1 mate ;)

If you think its not that loud, then the bungs might still be in.......

I have had some VERY loud exhausts in my time.

This one has a decent note... but no where near as nice as the Blue Flames I usually have on my previous "sports" cars (if you could call them sport cars!)

So, do I need to tell the insurance about it? I never knew it wasn't OEM!

Insurance know about the CAI and the alloys. I am past playing the "don't tell them" game, too dangerous!

From what I've been told these days they're looking for any excuse in the even of a claim so I would.

The old bill turning up to the scene of an accident to find you under the car with a welding iron trying to take the exhaust off may look at little suspect :lol:

I've put a chip box on my lancer that sits in the wiring loom and I told the insurance but not Mitsi as I didn't want to invalidate the warranty...........after sticking a full (to the brim from dry) tank of petrol in it and them remembering it was a diesel (i know!!! leave me along before you even start!) it had to go back to Mitsi on a low-loader.

Me being the quick thinking divvie I am decided to pull the chip box from the wiring loom so they wouldn't see it........not realising that it basically formed part of the circuit..........the garage spent 3 hours trying to work out why it wouldn't start before I came clean! :blush:

From what I've been told these days they're looking for any excuse in the even of a claim so I would.

The old bill turning up to the scene of an accident to find you under the car with a welding iron trying to take the exhaust off may look at little suspect :lol:

I've put a chip box on my lancer that sits in the wiring loom and I told the insurance but not Mitsi as I didn't want to invalidate the warranty...........after sticking a full (to the brim from dry) tank of petrol in it and them remembering it was a diesel (i know!!! leave me along before you even start!) it had to go back to Mitsi on a low-loader.

Me being the quick thinking divvie I am decided to pull the chip box from the wiring loom so they wouldn't see it........not realising that it basically formed part of the circuit..........the garage spent 3 hours trying to work out why it wouldn't start before I came clean! :blush:

oooops!

To be fair, I can see how the whole wrong fuel in the tank is easy to do.

I have been driving a diesel for nearly 7 years now... going to have to REALLY try to make sure I only fill up with petrol!

Oh... had a look at the xorst... I am still 99% sure it is DEFO an OEM. Specially after looking at the ones on youtube.

I will txt the guy I had it from, but I am SURE it is standard.

Looks/sounds NOTHING like the ones on youtube.

I asked the question about the exhaust in my 'Welcome' post Slimjim.

The response that it was a K1........obviously we haven't seen it in the flesh (and I couldn't be any more of a newbie if I tried) but if its the one on the Autotrader photies then its deffo aftermarket.

Insurance company shouldn't been too twitchy about it though........costs me an extra 30 quid on the Lancer for the Chip and that adds 20-30BPH.

Get some pics up of it :thumbs:

I asked the question about the exhaust in my 'Welcome' post Slimjim.

The response that it was a K1........obviously we haven't seen it in the flesh (and I couldn't be any more of a newbie if I tried) but if its the one on the Autotrader photies then its deffo aftermarket.

Insurance company shouldn't been too twitchy about it though........costs me an extra 30 quid on the Lancer for the Chip and that adds 20-30BPH.

Sorry peeps...

Here, as requested...

X3.jpg

X4.jpg

X1.jpg

So... Standard?

Looks like a standard but its a totally different exhaust to your piccies from earlier and the advert on autotrader.

Look out for a K1 showing up shortly on ebay for sale in Wolverhampton on ebay methinks ;)

Still saves you the racket and pain the bum of telling the insurance.

Looks like a standard but its a totally different exhaust to your piccies from earlier and the advert on autotrader.

Look out for a K1 showing up shortly on ebay for sale in Wolverhampton on ebay methinks ;)

Still saves you the racket and pain the bum of telling the insurance.

You are bloody right! :scare:

Z3.jpg

But, to be fair, it was NOT on the car when I went to see it the first time round, when I took it for a test drive.

Obviously took it off to make a bit more cash. And to be honest, I am happy without it... for now ;)

My missus's assessment of it when listening to an example on youtube was

'Won't I just sound like a bit of a knob with it making that noise'..................women!

I think there's a thread somewhere about 'the biggest mod regrets'........the K1 crops up a fair bit. In fact I think one guy had it on for about 2 months before taking it off to avoid brain damage.

My missus's assessment of it when listening to an example on youtube was

'Won't I just sound like a bit of a knob with it making that noise'..................women!

I think there's a thread somewhere about 'the biggest mod regrets'........the K1 crops up a fair bit. In fact I think one guy had it on for about 2 months before taking it off to avoid brain damage.

I had one made for a Volvo (Yes, that's right a Volvo!) about 10 years ago.

It was just a 4" round tube... no baffles... nothing.

That thing set off HOUSE alarms! :bangin:

At the time I didn't care as I was driving round with death metal on full blast anyway.

Now-a-days... the death metal is a little quieter ;)

very nice choice :thumbs: i was looking through at the other day and spotted this (shame i cant get mine till november time :() but looks like you got yourself a bargain, if you ever fancy a drive over to the fun land of stoke Ill take some pictures of it for you :)

very nice choice :thumbs: i was looking through at the other day and spotted this (shame i cant get mine till november time :() but looks like you got yourself a bargain, if you ever fancy a drive over to the fun land of stoke Ill take some pictures of it for you :)

FUN land of Stoke? you joking?

I did 21 YEARS in Stoke... got out when I could :D

Where are you bud?