Good News and Bad News

cerealuk

Good news. Save a bit get a shed next year and keep the zed.

Look out for ex MOD sheds. They flog them after 3 years.

I've an ex MOD estate that was use for journeys from Portmouth to Scotland so high miles up and down motoways.They tend to come with a big list of what has been done.If they change the discs it's on the list,if they change a bulb it's............etc.

Hope your training goes well.

Good news. Save a bit get a shed next year and keep the zed.

Look out for ex MOD sheds. They flog them after 3 years.

I've an ex MOD estate that was use for journeys from Portmouth to Scotland so high miles up and down motoways.They tend to come with a big list of what has been done.If they change the discs it's on the list,if they change a bulb it's............etc.

Hope your training goes well.

whats an "ex mod" mean?

Got some good news today.. I've been skipped ahead in the course due to a drop out and will be starting in 3 weeks... The even better news is as Im starting early and the college hasn't yet moved, I will for the first year be based only 7 miles away from home so wont have to sell the Zed :teeth::teeth::teeth:

Year 2 there will be no avoiding the journey as ill be at Swanwick but the wages get a little bit more sensible then so may be able to keep it long term aswell :)

College is only one year (aslong as theres no holding) and your not guaranteed where you'll be in the country after that, how do you know you'll be at Swanwick?

I work for NATS at Prestwick Centre and hopefully I'll be at the college next year, i'm doing an internal application though so my wage may be slightly different :p I'm planning on running a cheap motorbike while i'm there and I'll be able to keep the zed and my sportsbike, oh its nice to already be a part of the warm loving ATC family :lol:

Any questions or anything about the job just shout and congratulations! :thumbs:

Got some good news today.. I've been skipped ahead in the course due to a drop out and will be starting in 3 weeks... The even better news is as Im starting early and the college hasn't yet moved, I will for the first year be based only 7 miles away from home so wont have to sell the Zed :teeth::teeth::teeth:

Year 2 there will be no avoiding the journey as ill be at Swanwick but the wages get a little bit more sensible then so may be able to keep it long term aswell :)

College is only one year (aslong as theres no holding) and your not guaranteed where you'll be in the country after that, how do you know you'll be at Swanwick?

I work for NATS at Prestwick Centre and hopefully I'll be at the college next year, i'm doing an internal application though so my wage may be slightly different :p I'm planning on running a cheap motorbike while i'm there and I'll be able to keep the zed and my sportsbike, oh its nice to already be a part of the warm loving ATC family :lol:

Any questions or anything about the job just shout and congratulations! :thumbs:

Thanks dude will shout if I think of anything :teeth::teeth::teeth:

Im on an area course so the only places I can go to are either Swanwick or Prestwick. Aerodrome looks sexier but I didnt like the idea of NATS being able to post me anywhere they like and with the £millions they've spent on Swanwick I can't see them moving it any time soon :)

Aye I know I've only got one year at the college, but then it takes another 2 years to validate before the proper pay grades kick in which might prove tricky if I want to keep the Zed through them:(

What do you do at Prestwick at the moment then and as an internal applicant do you still have to go through the 3 stages? :) If you do and you need any info on them as I've just done them then shout :)

Cheers

Great news, now you have a year to put the pennies away for a shed so that you can keep the zed next year too ;)

Aye. I will have to put the keys to the zed in some kind of time lock safe though so I cant get at them in the morning when I go out to the driveway and try to persuade myself to drive the shed and not the zed.. hey that sounds like a good song lyric..

drive the shed and not the zed.. or your bank balance will be dead!

but you will have less street cred.. and err errr yeah im done :)

Ex Ministry of Defense cars - they are normally sold off at auction cheapo! Full range of cars also and they are fully serviced and maintained -normally people buy Landies but you can also get normal saloon cars too :thumbs:

cool where would you find these? what auctions etc?

Im on an area course so the only places I can go to are either Swanwick or Prestwick. Aerodrome looks sexier but I didnt like the idea of NATS being able to post me anywhere they like and with the £millions they've spent on Swanwick I can't see them moving it any time soon :)

Aye I know I've only got one year at the college, but then it takes another 2 years to validate before the proper pay grades kick in which might prove tricky if I want to keep the Zed through them:(

What do you do at Prestwick at the moment then and as an internal applicant do you still have to go through the 3 stages? :) If you do and you need any info on them as I've just done them then shout :)

Cheers

Unfortunately I have to go through the same 3 stages and then a 4th one added in for good mesure, a simulation run :wacko:

I have just the 3rd and 4th left to do and even after all that I'm competing for one of 7 spaces available for us!!

I'm an assistant at Prestwick and I used to be part of the training section as well so I am def in the right position to get all the help I need for the interview!

You could sell the Zed and use your money for all the drinking you'll be doing, and after training your sitting in a rather good position for a nice shinny new Zed :)

Is ATC still split shifts these days? :yuck: You had better start on the vallium now! I heard your social life is so messed up, you can only marry other ATCs! :lol:

I know the moneys good after you are trained up though, but don't forget that stress and nightshifts actually shortens your life....

Is ATC still split shifts these days? :yuck: You had better start on the vallium now! I heard your social life is so messed up, you can only marry other ATCs! :lol:

I know the moneys good after you are trained up though, but don't forget that stress and nightshifts actually shortens your life....

Aye typically its 2 earlys, 2 mids and 2 all nighters followed by 4 days off and repeat. However you get just under 5 weeks holiday but when you take a week off, as you get the 4 days off either side of it you are away from work for 2 weeks :) So if you played your cards right you could sort of get 10 weeks holiday a year i suppose :)

Shift work doesnt bother me to be honest, nice lot of variation and I often pull all nighters "geeking it up" playing online games till 6am lol

Cheers

Unfortunately I have to go through the same 3 stages and then a 4th one added in for good mesure, a simulation run :wacko:

I have just the 3rd and 4th left to do and even after all that I'm competing for one of 7 spaces available for us!!

I'm an assistant at Prestwick and I used to be part of the training section as well so I am def in the right position to get all the help I need for the interview!

You could sell the Zed and use your money for all the drinking you'll be doing, and after training your sitting in a rather good position for a nice shinny new Zed :)

Ahhh still just as painful for you then! Well good luck mate, sounds like you have lots of experience so should be fine :) :) :)

shiney new zed?? was thinking more along the lines of a GTR :)