rear light tint **pic heavy**

SunGodRA

I know many people are against this because of the dangers of loss of light output etc - but I have found a product that works!

This is road legal and meets all MOT standards etc and unlike traditional film is a doddle to fit - it took me less than 20 minutes to do both rear lenses - its cheap as well - £10.99 for a sheet (enough for both) Some pics (excuse crappy iphone)...

Before pic:

tint1.jpg

Light off and remove backing sheet - dont be put off by creasing, this stuff is flexible!

tint2.jpg

tint3.jpg

tint4.jpg

Trim (with scalpel provided in kit)

tint5.jpg

Once happy that there is no bubbles/creases, apply heat to activate glue:

tint6.jpg

Fitted back on car:

tint7.jpg

tint8.jpg

tint9.jpg

tint10.jpg

and a close up - this is the secret of FlyEye - unlike traditional tints, it actually lets loads of light through

tint11.jpg

a couple of pics at night to show that light does get through...

tint17.jpg

tint16.jpg

David

i would definately be up for a group buy on this, although tbh i am tempted to do it at 10.99 anyway, is there a guide on here for removing lights?

There is no need to remove lights - I removed rears because it was easy - I didn't remove fronts - honestly it is a peace of **** to do - see this guide http://www.flyeyeskit.co.uk/index.php?p=video

David

Watching police interceptors on 5 now and the cops have just pulled someone for tinted lights :scare: . They said it was illegal typical as iv just bought some :thumbdown:

Lol I just watched that on 5 and was thinking the exact same thing! Hopefully these ones are okay though and not like the black paint used on that lads car!

Watching police interceptors on 5 now and the cops have just pulled someone for tinted lights :scare: . They said it was illegal typical as iv just bought some :thumbdown:

Lol I just watched that on 5 and was thinking the exact same thing! Hopefully these ones are okay though and not like the black paint used on that lads car!

Funny that..was going to say the same thing. Just watched Interceptor on Five.

Funny that..was going to say the same thing. Just watched Interceptor on Five.

Like I said earlier, FlyEye kit is road legal and meets MOT standards etc - its all about the amount of light that passes through and as you can see from my night pics they are pretty good. These arent traditional film or paint tints!

and for those that have recently purchased, make sure you fit them within 48hrs of receiving, as they are treated with a chemical prior to dispatch to allow them to stretch. A friend of mine waited two weeks before fitting and he had a nightmare stretching around contours (even though applying heat did help)!!