software to avoid timeout issues???

Stew

Looking for a bit of an 'add in' to keep a bit of software I use open all the time. It times out after about 20 mins and it's a pain in the bum....

It's not bank software or anything but something I use at work.

Any suggestions?

Do you need the software to actually click a button within the software/webpage, or do you just need the software to do an action spacebar/cursor move to stop the computer being idle?

Not 100% sure. Spacebar might work. Either that or just click on it I think. I can try

Our reservation system does the same, it's web based so it times out after 15 minutes inactivity. This is a security requirement by the credit card authority.

If yours is web based all your looking for is an add in which will hit refresh in the web browser every 19 minutes.

The problem we found with this is that you might be right in the middle of an input when it does the refresh and you lose what you have typed in so we had to scrap the idea.

Do you need the software to actually click a button within the software/webpage, or do you just need the software to do an action spacebar/cursor move to stop the computer being idle?

Not 100% sure. Spacebar might work. Either that or just click on it I think. I can try

I use a program at work to stop the screen saver, which also locks the computer (user privileges etc). It's a simple wee program called 'Stop Screen Saver' and it's free, if that's what your issue is.

Otherwise you can get Auto clicker which is free to try, but I'm sure you could keep it for longer if you wanted wink.

Here's a video of it, to see if it's what your after: