Best time to buy the zed

sl114

As you may or may not know, i am looking to buy a 350z soon, and now i have been told that i will know about my job very soon, so as soon as that contract is signed I will be on the look out for one! Om estimating that mid december everything will be settled and i can get the 350z then.

Now the bit i need help with, my budget is £17-£18k, i was thinking about an import but i can get a uk spec for that price.

So apart from autotrader etc...does anyone know any good independant dealers or people looking to sell their zeds around that time?

Is it worth waiting until the new year as prices may come down then (i am not sure about price drops and deperciation etc as i have only in the last 2 months started looking at 350z properly)

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As you may or may not know, i am looking to buy a 350z soon, and now i have been told that i will know about my job very soon, so as soon as that contract is signed I will be on the look out for one! Om estimating that mid december everything will be settled and i can get the 350z then.

Now the bit i need help with, my budget is £17-£18k, i was thinking about an import but i can get a uk spec for that price.

So apart from autotrader etc...does anyone know any good independant dealers or people looking to sell their zeds around that time?

Is it worth waiting until the new year as prices may come down then (i am not sure about price drops and deperciation etc as i have only in the last 2 months started looking at 350z properly)

AFAIK there is no specfic best time to buy a zed. The best time to buy one is NOW!!!! :thumbs:

get a t-shirt printed B)
Ummmm, i may have done that already :blush:

Sarnie - you dont know how tempting it is to get one now, but i need the security of a permanent contract at work before i splash out.

I am deciding against an import now too, but i am still open

Mid -Winter with Snow/ frost on the ground
Then im sorted! yay, lol

Agree with Tim, most get locked away for the winter, zeds defo a summer car for most so mid December is probably the best time...People desperate for cash before Xmas!!!

@*!# Xmas isn't far away now :scare:

Dont say that! its only like 3 months away! :scare:

But again, good news for december then. i like timing things rights

Not sure you'll be able to match an import spec with a UK spec for £17 - £18k unless it's done high mileage. I did a quick check on AutoTrader earlier and it seemed to come up with the above conclusion. Could be wrong though especially if you buy privately and have cash in hand. What are your prefered colors?

Just off the track slightly and of no help I'm afraid but I see TT prices have gone down since the launch of the new shape. Quatrro Sport (240 PS) around the £19k figure!! - NO COMPARISON TO THE ZED THOUGH!

Not sure you'll be able to match an import spec with a UK spec for £17 - £18k unless it's done high mileage. I did a quick check on AutoTrader earlier and it seemed to come up with the above conclusion. Could be wrong though especially if you buy privately and have cash in hand. What are your prefered colors?

Just off the track slightly and of no help I'm afraid but I see TT prices have gone down since the launch of the new shape. Quatrro Sport (240 PS) around the £19k figure!! - NO COMPARISON TO THE ZED THOUGH!

Totally :offtopic: definite :ban::lol:

Totally :offtopic: definite :ban::lol:

Pmsl, 35 uk gt spec i have seen private for £17k so it is doable, and thats with 20k miles

Agree with you mate, the Z's are on a slide atm in terms of resale value IMO.

Great for me :)

Good luck with your hunt!

Disclaimer - To all Z owners who feel residual values are not on a slide, such is perogative and right. The opinions i express are my own and based on my own research and monitoring of UK prices!

That should stop the whine surely? :D

Disclaimer - To all Z owners who feel residual values are not on a slide, such is perogative and right. The opinions i express are my own and based on my own research and monitoring of UK prices!

prerogative btw ;)

had 2 bite for something :lol:

It's not just Zed's Buds. Thanks to recent interest rate hikes cars are the first thing to go. Check out the depreciation in Glass' for August! :scare:

Agree with most of what's written above. UK car = warranty, little more piece of mind but costs. Import = potential bargain, potential pain (only based on what I've read on here!).

Either way, it'll be awesome fun, go do it! :thumbs::D

It's not just Zed's Buds. Thanks to recent interest rate hikes cars are the first thing to go. Check out the depreciation in Glass' for August! :scare:

Very true, interest rates are hitting market at moment. But the good cars always have a plateau, when their residual values remain high, and then eventually they start to tail off. I believe the Z was on that trend before the rate hike.

I myself timed my last move, and with a bit of luck got out of my mini just before they started a very steep slide. Held onto it as long as i felt i could before the new model started to negatively impact residuals.

My decision to bail out and let a dealer buy my car for good money has proved completely justified, as same dealer has offered my mum, who's car was indentical bar colour and a year newer, slightly less than i got for mine.

Anyways, none of us are making money playing with cars so its all really irrelevant anyways!

Aaron