HELP new brake pads please!

karl922

Hi guys,

Just got my Z serviced and they mentioned that the O/S rear brake pads were severly worn compared to the other side which was fine, which indicated that the caliper might be sticking (i didnt even notice this driving)

A couple of days have passed and the noise is getting much much worse, it sounds like the pad is lightly touching the disc and almost making a sort of grinding noise while on the move, once i apply light pressure it gets louder, but if i heavy brake there isnt much noise at all. It seems to role fine downhill so i presume the pad isnt sticking firmly to the disc.

Hope this gives a good idea to people in the know and maybe you have some ideas what it could be?

So now i need some rear brake pads and possibly some front as they are 50% worn so i might aswell replace them and do the whole lot.

Anybody recomend some half decent pads for around £150 for the full set?

cheers

50% worn means there's half left surely?

I'd say your rear pads were worn out hence the metal on metal noise - change them ASAP before they damage the disc!

On Brembos it takes like 15 mins to change the pads, easiest pad change I've ever done :)

50% worn means there's half left surely?

I'd say your rear pads were worn out hence the metal on metal noise - change them ASAP before they damage the disc!

On Brembos it takes like 15 mins to change the pads, easiest pad change I've ever done :)

+1

And I'd go either OEM pads or possibly Red Stuff if you need cheaper. PF if you can shell out the extra.