3498 or 3499cc? How to tell?

Jesters Tear

Hi there

I'm a complete 350Z newbie and this is my first post...glad to be here chaps!

Just looking for some guidance please if possible? Have today put down a deposit on a 350Z, May 2007, from a main dealer in Suffolk. All well and good.

I am confused though. The V5 definitely showed engine cc as 3498...however certain insurance websites (when reg number entered) show 3499cc. Is 3499cc equivalent to 306BHP version of the engine or is it the other way round? Is there an easy way to tell whether I've got the 306BHP version or an earlier model? VIN number perhaps?

I've had a quick Google/Wikipedia but to no avail. Could someone offer me some guidance?

Best, and here's to a long friendship here...

JT

Hi there

I'm a complete 350Z newbie and this is my first post...glad to be here chaps!

Just looking for some guidance please if possible? Have today put down a deposit on a 350Z, May 2007, from a main dealer in Suffolk. All well and good.

I am confused though. The V5 definitely showed engine cc as 3498...however certain insurance websites (when reg number entered) show 3499cc. Is 3499cc equivalent to 306BHP version of the engine or is it the other way round? Is there an easy way to tell whether I've got the 306BHP version or an earlier model? VIN number perhaps?

I've had a quick Google/Wikipedia but to no avail. Could someone offer me some guidance?

Best, and here's to a long friendship here...

JT

Dipstick location .... front = later engine .....RHS = earlier engine ....yours is probably later being 2007 .... does bonnet have a bulge ? as for capacity I think early engine is 3499 cc but not sure about later

Thanks for the quick responses chaps. Consulted hopeless camera phone snaps and indeed, there is a bonnet bulge...reassuring that I've got the later model...I think I'm sorted eh?

Car is in pretty good shape - not 100% mint but probably 95%...needs some TLC and proper detailing (which I will do). Finished in Temper Orange, alloys are 19s, Nismo style in gloss black. Dealer is arranging for them to be completely refurbed and putting two new rear tyres on.

Nothing a load of cloths and potions/lotions won't fix otherwise. Bring it on!

Cheers all

JT

Hey BulletMagnet, thanks for the offer...feel free to go and have a nose at it...it's at Marshalls Nissan in Bury St Edmunds. Critical eye welcome.

I've spotted:

Wheels need refurbing

Rear tyres end of life

Rear bumper clip missing underneath (hence bottom of bumper not horizontal)

Passenger door has minor ding (being repaired)

One or two scratches on door handle/some minor stone chipping

Front splitter bit scuffed underneath front bumper (not noticeable)

Looks all well and good otherwise to me. Recent P3 service (July 2010). Recent brake disks. No leaks or wetness underneath. Underbonnet pretty clean.

Just getting dealer to check all recalls done etc.

Oh, it's supposed to have a Nismo exhaust - if you get chance to have a look, do so by all means...

Hopefully I haven't missed any real howlers...!!

JT