Orange Leather Colour Code

cgz350

Hi there!, I'm in exactly your position, just bought a Sunset Z with the orange leather and wanting to tidy up the bolsters. Never done it before so don't know how easy it is to get a good match? Have you looked on the Scuffmaster site? They list a Nissan orange leather in thir colour list. I'm considering this. Don't know how much a professional leather restorer would charge but I'd guess a lot!!!

Nick,

I hadn't heard of Scuffmaster but looking at their website it seems like they have the proper burnt orange colour we are both looking for. The one I looked at was http://www.dynamixdyes.com/colours.php and they sold 15ml bottles on Ebay (i.e. enough to repair a bolster).

Here's a link http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Car-Leather-Dye-R ... 4cf0b2addc

If I had the colour code that may help but I'll email them and ask.

Cheers,

Colin

Hi

I have used this guy before for cleaning and protection products. He can match any colour of dye. If it is any use I have the orange seats and I could call around and let him match exactly if there was enough demand for touch up bottles :thumbs:

Hmm, sample could be tricky! Sure interiors sometimes have a spare bit of leather tucked under seat somewhere for colour matching. My last BMW did, just an excess bit of leather to cut off. Also think scuffmaster comes with toners to make slight adjustments to colour.

Scuffmaster have a good reputation as far as i know, its made by Gliptone and I use their cleaner&conditioner which are great.

My worry is how good a job I'd make! I'd hate to mess it up.

Hi , I have the orange seats too n my drivers side needs sorting I have a friend who lives close who is going to repair it in winter when my zed will b off the road as he needs to take the seat out he has got a good colour match n is charging me approx £50 bargain I would say :D

• 1 month later...

well i ordered the scuffmaster kit and it arrived last week. i will report back when i get a chance to use it. will take some before and after photos. kit was about £27 including cleaner and conditioner which i've run out of.

fingers crossed it'll be a simple job!

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers! I can't believe how good the scuffmaster kit is for the money. I thought about doing it on my old 330ci for ages and can't believe I didn't! Seat is almost like new now. Going to do the passenger seat over weekend but its not as bad as driver seat was!