64GB isn't that much

MattMe

I'm after a new 64GB MP3 player. Before I go any further I don't want an iPod/iPhone/iicaptain or any other Apple product.

There are two main reasons for this. 1 being that I don't want to convert all my music into Apple's horrid horrid format and 2 I admit I'm anti-Apple for the simple fact it's a fashion statement and I'm not fashionable.

Moving on...

I'm after a new MP3 device to replace my steadily dying Zen Vision M. I bought this probably 4 years ago, maybe more, and it's a 60GB device. So how come there are approximately no devices on the market in the UK at the moment that are more than 32GB?

I know mine's a hard disk, and flash is the new tech for obvious reasons, but am I really asking that much? I don't really want to get a 32GB device as my current CD collection is over 30GB already, and it ain't getting any smaller.

I quite like the look of the Zune HD but they're not officially for sale in the UK, and the 64GB version is't out yet. I'd rather not have one of those massive Archos MP4 things either. I'll only be listening to music on it so it doesn't need to have a 32" wide screen attached to it.

So, I ask of you, 350z-uk forum memebers, what 64GB MP3 players are available to satisfy my musical needs?

I'm not fashionable either but why hate something for no reason?

Sound quality is fantastic and you can put some games/apps etc on too so where is the bad news?

Get a 64GB iPod touch, you don't have to convert anything you don't want to and the interface is superb if you take the time to tag everything and update the album info.

Ahh, the good ol' original tape Walkman, now there's a technology you can trust...

As for Apple products, in the same way people choose to buy it because they like what they see, I choose not to buy it because I don't like what I see. I don't like the size of the things for a start. As far as I'm aware they have very limited media support. I use WMA files as they are superior quality to MP3s at the same bit rate. Oh yes, I can't stand iTunes, I really cannot get along with it.

I don't like heat magazine, I don't wear pale pink T-Shirts, I don't like Coldplay and I don't have my hair cut like David Beckham.

Just because lots of people do it doesn't make it right.

Also, I don't want to feed my money into a business like Apple that alienates it's customers by stubonly choosing not to support certain types of media on the iPad (Flash websites anyone) or who deny the fact the iPhone 4 looses it's signal alarmingly often (but they will provide you with a massive rubber sleeve to keep you nice new slim iPhone4 in).

No, no, no!

:rant::rant::rant:

I know Zunes are Microsoft, but at least they support all common formats, not just Microsoft developed ones.

Microsoft have promised to continue support for the Zune after they release the Windows 7 phones, which I imagine will be the Zune HD phone (a la iPod Touch/iPhone)

Rant over.

But seriously, I don't want a iPod.

Sony X Series walkmans (not tape) look nice. Slim, good interface, brilliant sound... Not 64GB in UK!

Ahhhh!

Am I a niche market, wanting higher capacity MP3 players? My 4 year old unit does it... Shame Creative seem to have lost their way in MP3 players recently. Apparently they're releasing an Android based unit soon that sounds interesting but no confirmed date or any details at all really.

Any other options anyone. Not an iPod please...

:lol:

Sound quality is fantastic and you can put some games/apps etc on too so where is the bad news?

Get a 64GB iPod touch, you don't have to convert anything you don't want to and the interface is superb if you take the time to tag everything and update the album info.

Sorry, when you say tag everything, is that like CDDB thing where it'll download music info from a centrally stored database, or do you mean manually tag 400 albums and all the songs within?

Please be the latter...

Sorry, when you say tag everything, is that like CDDB thing where it'll download music info from a centrally stored database, or do you mean manually tag 400 albums and all the songs within?

Please be the latter...

I use a program called mp3tag :thumbs:

Only have to use it for a few albums that the cddb cant.

You can choose to convert wma or mp3 or just leave them as you have them with iTunes :thumbs: