1st mods

glrnet

Hi,

I've got all the measurements for hole drilling and wiring colour code if you want it, two wire install for power supply and earth, the power is taken directly from reversing light loom and is easily accessible. No need to take the bumper off either, just remove the rear lights and some trim. It took me about 2.5 hours all in, this included spraying the heads.

G

not a fan of the ally stubby, all black is better,

was the reverse sensors hard to do and where do u wire it all up to?

Nice work posting up that guide. Interesting to hear the bumper does not need removal. When i asked about this a while ago i was told it would be much easier to remove the bumper first.

Did you find it difficult to work around?

No, not really, you have to trust the measurements for the holes and then with the light clusters out you can reach the sensor wires really easily, I took the sensor cables through the rear central rubber grommet which lets the number plate lighting cable through. Once you're inside the rear load space, go left with the cabling after having taken the spare wheel cover out and you can lose the cable under the plastic trim. Let me know if you need to know anything else matey,

No, not really, you have to trust the measurements for the holes and then with the light clusters out you can reach the sensor wires really easily, I took the sensor cables through the rear central rubber grommet which lets the number plate lighting cable through. Once you're inside the rear load space, go left with the cabling after having taken the spare wheel cover out and you can lose the cable under the plastic trim. Let me know if you need to know anything else matey,

Thanks mate, will do!

EBC Redstuff pads front & rear gone on today. That was the first time I've done any serious maintenance work on a car I've owned since I had my MGB GT!!! The worrying thing is I really enjoyed it, funny how it all comes flooding back. Just waiting for my K & N Typhoon induction kit to turn up now, it should have been here last Friday but that's another story!!! Suffice to say beware of POTN.com delivery promises. :wacko:

• 1 month later...

Thanks Will,

Yep, I'm tying to do a silver and blue thing, changed the door sills for Silver ones, blue K & N Typhoon induction, blue and silver "bling" engine bolts, sprayed the battery and brake fluid covers silver too, sprayed my stubby silver and blue too. Going to get my plenum silver powder coated rather than polished. :teeth: Will try and get some pictures posted this week.

Very nice job there, you definitely have the blue thing going on :)

lol, don't you start, I get enough of that at home :lol:

Lol you have been working hard, and I remember last time we spoke you said " no that's it for now I'm happy with the car as it is...." famous last words you definitely have the bug. Looking forward to seeing those pics.

• 1 year later...

Holy thread revival!!

No guide I'm afraid, got the LED's from halfrauds, wired them in to the door switches so they switch on/off when the doors are opened/closed. Carry out this work at your own risk as there have been known problems with the BCM (Body Control Module) which can fail. Needless to say they are very expensive from the stealership :):thumbs:

:thumbs: Nice work

Is there a door sill LED guide? I think that is a must do mod. Do the LEDs come on and off in time with the interior lights?

Lol this one has been resurrected from the grave.

But it has reminded me. Given how fantastic your car looks and all the hard work put into her i really think you should do a build thread. Im sure it would be interesting for potential mod'rs and show all your hard work.

How to go from stock to car of the show at the lakes. :#1:

I'm sifting through photos as we speak :ninja::)

Lol this one has been resurrected from the grave.

But it has reminded me. Given how fantastic your car looks and all the hard work put into her i really think you should do a build thread. Im sure it would be interesting for potential mod'rs and show all your hard work.

How to go from stock to car of the show at the lakes. :#1: