D4V3 GT4

Perfectly good question IMO.

As you all know I'm not shy and don't mind disclosing stuff!! :D

My zed costs me:

£590 per month in finance.

£350 per month in petrol

£648 per year insurance

£350 per year in services etc.

All in all my zed costs me over a grand a month :thumbs: My mortgage is also £1100 a month as well :scare:

To be fair, I ain't married and have no kids so I can comfortably afford it. There will be people saying 'I don't owe a penny on my zed' and fair play to ya. I could do that too but I'd have to save for years to be able get into that position. I WANTED MY ZED NOW :yahoo:

Great question (and decent answer Sarnie!), I'll back up what Sarnie said - although my finance is MUCH cheaper but I pay double the insurance. Mine's a daily driver, I sometimes think that she's costing me far too much but then I nip out somewhere and I think sod it, its only money and its not like I would actually save it if I bought something cheaper - I'd only spend it on something else so may as well have a big :teeth: on my face rather than drive a mundane car.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perfectly good question IMO.

As you all know I'm not shy and don't mind disclosing stuff!! :D

My zed costs me:

£590 per month in finance.

£350 per month in petrol

£648 per year insurance

£350 per year in services etc.

All in all my zed costs me over a grand a month :thumbs: My mortgage is also £1100 a month as well :scare:

To be fair, I ain't married and have no kids so I can comfortably afford it. There will be people saying 'I don't owe a penny on my zed' and fair play to ya. I could do that too but I'd have to save for years to be able get into that position. I WANTED MY ZED NOW :yahoo:

Great question (and decent answer Sarnie!), I'll back up what Sarnie said - although my finance is MUCH cheaper but I pay double the insurance. Mine's a daily driver, I sometimes think that she's costing me far too much but then I nip out somewhere and I think sod it, its only money and its not like I would actually save it if I bought something cheaper - I'd only spend it on something else so may as well have a big :teeth: on my face rather than drive a mundane car.

My finance is so high cos I didn't have any equity in my previous car when I bought the original zed hence I had to borrow the full £24k to clear the previous cars finance and then buy the zed. This used to be £490 a month until I bought the UY zed which costs me an extra £100 now. And is worth every penny B)

I use it as a daily driver and I think the running cost is pretty low.

Petrol is quite a big amount of money each month, but even a Kia Carnaval V6 (or something like that) has a worse fuel consumption than my Z!

I do go to the main nissan dealer every 10k miles, just for the check and oil. Anything else, like brakes/wipers/tyres I replace myself which keeps the cost down. Prices for new brakepads are ridiculous here at the main dealer, so well worth it to do it yourself!

I used to own a '99 Rover 200D and normal maintance would cost me 30% more compared to the 350z.....

I don't have any finance on the car, just a yearly insurance fee of about 800 Pound. I'm 21, so the car is on my father's name. No issues here with insurance companies if younger people drive it :D

My finance is so high cos I didn't have any equity in my previous car when I bought the original zed hence I had to borrow the full £24k to clear the previous cars finance and then buy the zed. This used to be £490 a month until I bought the UY zed which costs me an extra £100 now. And is worth every penny B)

Big balloon payment is the key!! :thumbs:

I think you have to simply put it into perspective. I get ear ache from my other half (who isn't into cars) about the running costs of a type R never mind a Z! My answer to that is that my car is also my hobby. I don't go out boozing and I don't smoke either. He spends a fortune on fishing gear and fags which he enjoys - neither of which can take him to work on a morning as part of the price! :D

Yes but I want to own the car outright at the end of the term and not have a big balloon payment at the end. Doing that would mean cheaper monthly payments but I would be in same situation again when I come to sell my zed ie no equity in the car. Even if my car is only worth £10k in 3 years, thats £10k I can put towards another car :thumbs:

Yes but I want to own the car outright at the end of the term and not have a big balloon payment at the end. Doing that would mean cheaper monthly payments but I would be in same situation again when I come to sell my zed ie no equity in the car. Even if my car is only worth £10k in 3 years, thats £10k I can put towards another car :thumbs:

Im with you, id never do finance through a dealership, id rather get a loan out and spread that over 3/4 years and have higher monthly payments. However i can see why its a great idea for people who prefer doing it the other way round, also using their car as a trade in and getting a similar new one after the deal is up.

Im with you, id never do finance through a dealership, id rather get a loan out and spread that over 3/4 years and have higher monthly payments. However i can see why its a great idea for people who prefer doing it the other way round, also using their car as a trade in and getting a similar new one after the deal is up.

I took out a personal loan for mine instead of HP which mean't I was able to sell my old kuro without any HP worries. Just used the cash from the sale to buy the UY. It also means that I could ( If I really wanted/needed to) sell my car for say £23-£24k and stick all the money in the bank. Obviously I would have to keep up the repayments but I'm doing that now anyway :thumbs:

If you are frightened by putting £60 petrol in your car...don't! I only put £20 at a time in for 2 reasons....

1) I don't cringe everytime i hand over my card to pay having only paid for £20 fuel instead of £60

and..

2) There's no point lugging an extra £40 worth of fuel about for nothing! It effects your fuel ecomony due to extra weight, the weight distribution of the car is effected and the extra weight alightly effects performance. The only downside is more stops to fill up fuel. Plus if any little scally steals your car, they'll run out of juice in 50 miles of spirited driving, rather than 300, haha

But then i only do 8 miles a day so fuel stops are not frequent anyway.

Any car is expensive to run these days, just pay it and save money elswehere, thats what i do. My car is my only hobby/toy so i'll have it no matter what it costs.

Rob

also, for the guy who had the tyres that have turned into 50 pnece pieces... If your car is still under warranty there is a technical service bullien for this very issue and once they have seen the damage to your tyres they have to pay for the new set. The bulliten is reference NTB04-043 and can be found on WWW.350Z-TECH.COM

hopefully i've just saved you 600 squid. Mines a pint :D

Regards

Rob

I took out a personal loan for mine instead of HP which mean't I was able to sell my old kuro without any HP worries. Just used the cash from the sale to buy the UY. It also means that I could ( If I really wanted/needed to) sell my car for say £23-£24k and stick all the money in the bank. Obviously I would have to keep up the repayments but I'm doing that now anyway :thumbs:

You also have the option to pay it all off at anypoint! :D which is what i did with my current car.

I so cant wait now!

Quite true.

I've worked mine on the basis that whatever I have next I'm just going to chop her in at the garage. I know its not the best way of doing it but it does save a lot of hassle which to me is important. Plus I'm not going to have this car at the end of the term so the balloon isn't a worry to me.

Been some good answers, and it seems that those prepared to answer come from an angle that there has been some sacrifices made to run their

Zed.

Which makes you think how much money you have to earn to run a 40k car which is what I'm trying to do next! (in a year or two)

Maybe not that much more? apart from the obvious 12K difference on cost.

I think anybody under the age of 35 (ish) would have to earn in excess of 50k to run a 40k car whilst having a mortgage, bills, holidays etc....

Unless again your willing to do without certain things other people may take for granted.

It's a difficult one when cars are your passion, how much you should spend, what do you sacrifice, when does it really become to much, I know it is all

relative to the individual but an interesting insight none the less!

Oh. and who said they were planning to run a Zed on £20 a week pecky? If you do this without leaving your street let me know ;)

DaveH

Been some good answers, and it seems that those prepared to answer come from an angle that there has been some sacrifices made to run their

Zed.

Which makes you think how much money you have to earn to run a 40k car which is what I'm trying to do next! (in a year or two)

Maybe not that much more? apart from the obvious 12K difference on cost.

I think anybody under the age of 35 (ish) would have to earn in excess of 50k to run a 40k car whilst having a mortgage, bills, holidays etc....

Unless again your willing to do without certain things other people may take for granted.

It's a difficult one when cars are your passion, how much you should spend, what do you sacrifice, when does it really become to much, I know it is all

relative to the individual but an interesting insight none the less!

Oh. and who said they were planning to run a Zed on £20 a week pecky? If you do this without leaving your street let me know ;)

DaveH

The key for me is that my income is not the only income coming into my house. My missus earns about £28k and I earn a fair bit more so it means we can afford the cars, holidays and house etc. If we had any kids then things would have to go :scare::thumbdown:

2) There's no point lugging an extra £40 worth of fuel about for nothing! It effects your fuel ecomony due to extra weight, the weight distribution of the car is effected and the extra weight alightly effects performance. The only downside is more stops to fill up fuel. Plus if any little scally steals your car, they'll run out of juice in 50 miles of spirited driving, rather than 300, haha

Any car is expensive to run these days, just pay it and save money elswehere, thats what i do. My car is my only hobby/toy so i'll have it no matter what it costs.

Rob

Very very good advice ;)

Amazing how a full tank of juice affects performance :dry:

Rob

Very very good advice ;)

Amazing how a full tank of juice affects performance :dry:

Are you serious??

I fill mine up if I know I'm going to be using it. Just think of all the money you waste driving backwards and forwards to the station (or going past one) and keep starting the car and all the wear and tear on ignition parts. Surely you're not arguing a realisable benefit from filling up bit by bit?? :headhurt:

Main reason for putting a little in mine at a time is if it's not being used so any pikey futher mucker stealing will only get down the road before I have to batter them! ;):D

H5 I am serious mate :)

Car feels so much heavier/ sluggish imo with a full load on board...

I also believe you save petrol by having less on board by topping up 3 times instead of one ;)

Wear and tear on ignition parts - LMFAO :lol:

LMFAO at the fuel!! :D:p

How much does the extra 50 litres weigh....?? Much less than a passenger and you've got 363NM of torque!!!!!!!!!!! You reckon you'd pass a 'blind' test driving two Zeds one with £20 in and one full.......??

H5 I am serious mate :)

Car feels so much heavier/ sluggish imo with a full load on board...

I also believe you save petrol by having less on board by topping up 3 times instead of one ;)

Wear and tear on ignition parts - LMFAO :lol:

LMFAO at the fuel!! :D:p

How much does the extra 50 litres weigh....?? Much less than a passenger and you've got 363NM of torque!!!!!!!!!!! You reckon you'd pass a 'blind' test driving two Zeds one with £20 in and one full.......??

Ok H5 each 2 their own ;)

Answer this tho would you do a 1/4 mile with a full tank on board???

Do passengers sap power from a car then??????? ;);):p:p

It normally feels faster as they're either screaming or grinning! :scare::yahoo:

I don't disagree with the weight fact. Purely on noticing it and the average fuel consumption being any better. :)