Running a Zed?

D4V3 GT4

If it was my only one, no I wouldn't, but then I'd take everything else out of the car. My point is in a car with as much torque and weighs as much as it does anyway, I can't believe it's noticeable...... :headhurt:

Don't you notice the drop in power with a passenger on board???

No. My mrs is slim though :p

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it was my only one, no I wouldn't, but then I'd take everything else out of the car. My point is in a car with as much torque and weighs as much as it does anyway, I can't believe it's noticeable...... :headhurt:

Don't you notice the drop in power with a passenger on board???

No. My mrs is slim though :p

Not when she was in my car :blush:

Sorry, Liam, gotta disagree with you mate. I used to notice when my old 90 bhp Civic (with no torque!) was filled with 3 passengers but i'm afraid I'm not sensitive enough to notice a passenger or full tank of fuel making any difference to the Zed. Did you find your bodykit and Antera's slow you down? :p;)B)

Sorry, Liam, gotta disagree with you mate. I used to notice when my old 90 bhp Civic (with no torque!) was filled with 3 passengers but i'm afraid I'm not sensitive enough to notice a passenger or full tank of fuel making any difference to the Zed. Did you find your bodykit and Antera's slow you down? :p;)B)

You cheeky mother f***** I knew It wouldn't be long before someone brought them up :rant:

Your forgetting I've met your FAT ARSE and I'll whip you any day of the week biatch :bleh::bleh::bleh:

BTW you don't know what race wheels I own :teeth:

You cheeky mother f***** I knew It wouldn't be long before someone brought them up :rant:

Your forgetting I've met your FAT ARSE and I'll whip you any day of the week biatch :bleh::bleh::bleh:

Yeah, but my fat ass will be long gone by the time you've fitted the legendary race wheels....... :p Got a pit crew?????

Yeah, but my fat ass will be long gone by the time you've fitted the legendary race wheels....... :p Got a pit crew?????

Only 4 lads from the pool :p

Go to bed, fool! ;)

Go to bed, fool! ;)

:yawn: Past your bed time aint it :blush:

it's not b***ox at all. common logic dictates it's not.

You put £5 of fuel in a can, times that by 8 for your £40, stack them up and pick them all up at once and it's the same as carrying a fat heffer round with you for no other reason than you can't be bothered to fill up again. I am not a big chap and am fit and healthy so don't mind stepping out of my car and squeezing a nossle for 2mins.

I have had a number of different sports cars and can feel a fdifference straight away when a passenger gets in or the boot is loaded, even with the torque of a big engine like the V6 Alfa or the 350Z

Weight equals loss of bhp (clrkson never shuts up about it). If it made no difference, why would they bother selling lightweight Rays wheels and making body panels out of aluminium to save grams and improve performance?

Anyway, my petrol station is on the way to work, i don't have to drive out of my way to it so i see your point if you had to go out of your way, defeats the purpose of saving cash.

As for people wanting a rundown of the costs of running our cars...My car costs me about £20-£30 a week. I paid cash for it and it has depreciated most of it's chunk already, it's already been serviced and had new tyres and has 2 yrs warranty left and when i sell it i'll sell privately to minimise loss, so it's just fuel really.

Regards

Rob

Another person that thinks passengers sap power?? If the weight goes up, the engine puts out the same power. If the weight goes up, the pwer to weight ratio goes down. Torque being the measure of getting something moving overcomes the 1,400kg+ of kerb weight, so what difference does another 50kg make - 3.5% - so if you're telling me you can tell a 0.19 second difference on a 0-60 that's cool.

I'm saying that with leather, tonneau covers, CD's, washer fluid etc etc. I think it's a bizarre reason! :headhurt:

"Nissan have worked a clever trick by ensuring that a good deal of the coupe chassis could be modified to accept roadster reinforcements with no great increase in weight. So it is that the 350Z Roadsters 296bhp 3.5-litre V6 will get it to 62mph in 6.3 seconds, just half a second slower than its tintop sibling and handling doesnt suffer unduly either. Compare the two cars and youll realise that the 3,450lbs at which the Roadster tips the scales is a mere 46lbs on top of the Coupe."

so, an extra 461bs, slows the 350z by half a second. Add the same again and it'll take the time down even further. The difference between 5.9 and 6.8ish is noticeable ;)

regards

Rob

And of course the rag top doesn't impact the aerodynamics or drag coefficient at all???????? No way in the world a 1.3% change in weight gives a 13% difference in performance!!!!

That would mean with an adult at 150lb and a full rank of fuel at 100lb you're saying the Zed would become a 9.4 second to 60 car. I don't think so.

Not really comparing like with like with a soft top with a hard top. This is purely down to a weight point, pure and simple. ;)

H5 what are you actually arguing about, I'm starting to get lost!!!

Do you agree, disagree or don't give a toss???

Let it go, all's me and 350driver are merely sating is that we notice a drop in performance... And yes the extra 20kg weight of my Antera's is noticeable :thumbdown:

Not arguing Liam, disagree with the claim that people can notice a performance difference with a full tank of fuel, and a claim that a 1% change in weight has a 10%+ difference on performance. :)

H5 what are you actually arguing about, I'm starting to get lost!!!

Do you agree, disagree or don't give a toss???

Let it go, all's me and 350driver are merely sating is that we notice a drop in performance... And yes the extra 20kg weight of my Antera's is noticeable :thumbdown:

Not arguing Liam, disagree with the claim that people can notice a performance difference with a full tank of fuel, and a claim that a 1% change in weight has a 10%+ difference on performance. :)

You and I are by no means professional drivers, but I'd still bet £10 or more that I'm correct!!! Love to know what the pro's think ;)