my new z(import)

hello everyone be gentle with me !ive just bought my self my first z,and my first import,got her from mckay trading edinburgh waited 3 weeks to take delivery and was worth the wait!just a few snags...of course the sat nav is useless cd players crap (no speakers in rear)and ive a bit missing from the grille in front of the towing point never noticed this untill now!i also have some japanese hottie talking dirty to me every time i turn the key?? :blush: i`ll have to get a translater!any others out there with any advice on /or wot they have done to over come there problems with sat nav /ice installs or best place`s to by spare material for imports?

and soz about the username pushed to many key`s!

:welcome: In answer to some of your queries ..JDM's dont have a towing eye cover ,the original large square number plate would hide the hole, Yes radio totally useless in the Uk ,junk it and buy a new head unit, same with Sat Nav..cannot be economicaly converted

all other questions try here http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=37

by the way

:worthless:

:teeth:

:welcome:

Enjoy the car and don't worry about the minor niggles! I bought mine from MacKay Trading as well - they treated me well even though I could have got the car a bit cheaper if I had been prepared to either a) travel a long way south to buy it or B) import it myself.

Mine has an after market head unit which I've left in because it's pretty good - the satnav doesn't work of course, and I have tried unsuccesfully to get a disk for it for the UK from Clarion, so I've given up. It plays NTSC DVDs, CDs, Minidisks and the Tuner works fine with the band expander that Mackays installed so I'm happy with it. I think they got this work done at Skidz in Falkirk.

The only thing that I regret is that I did not join this forum until after I had bought the Z. The stuff that I have learned from these guys is incredible! If I had known about the speed limit defencer, for example, I would have insisted that they installed that before I took delivery.

I'll look out for you on the roads. Watch out for the cameras! :scare:

I forgot to add - they definitely got the immobiliser installed by Skidz in Falkirk, so they may be the ones to ask about getting rid of the voice. :thumbs:

Don't hold your breath, though. I want to get rid of the reversing beeper which is pointless and drives me mad, :angry: but nobody seems to be able to suggest a way of doing it. Do you have this feature on yours?

• 2 weeks later...

hey guy`s

soz about the delay in getting a reply in!problem`s with pc....and worst of all car`s back @ mckays ...window packed in ,cant get it up :headhurt: wot makes it worst was it happened @ 2330 friday night in the pishing rain :rant: !!nissan quoted £467 for window motor & with regulator £608 fortunately still under warranty....seemingly a common fault ,jim no reverse bleeper on car had one on my lexus drove me insane in reverse!and hopefully have some pics soon!

ps :thanks for the welcome guy`s :thumbs: & new username is in hand!

Must be the worlds longest user name! :scare:

Does that make mine the shortest? :thumbs:

I originally intended to go for "Just Jim", but I finally decided that brevity was more desirable (and anyway it would have sounded far too modest for a z owner :teeth:) .

am running about in a gunmetal z, hope it`s not through to mckays to often ! : just got the window fixed (ta kye).need to start with some `change`s`to the car, another alarm system fitted ,the sat nav ripped oot ,some tune`s installed,tint`s (so nobody can see the ugly bas**** driving inside) :scare: still trying to get some pics uploaded and maybe avatar changed. :thumbs: got this car thinking there`s not many going about ....how many off these beast`s are there running around the pot holed roads of scotland?

I go weeks without seeing one and I live in Birmingham :)

Do you go out tho? :)

Yep. I do 500 miles a week ;)

Spotted two in 20 mins today though :dry:

Jesssus :thumbdown:

Work pay your juice???

No mate. Costs me £400 a month :scare:

Same here but I don't get no where near that amount of miles :p