Stolen Plates

Wookiee22

Been staying at my girlfriend's flat in Beeston, Nottingham for the past few days, with the car parked around back in an out-of-street-view car park.

Just returned to find that both front and rear number plates have been stolen. Have spoken to the police so they have a record of it, is there anything I should be doing / concerned about? They're actually British Forces Germany plates, so I can't see that they'd be all that useful to anyone!

Think I may go and move if into the gf's garage in place of her Fiat 500. :)

Oh, and what's the going rate for plates these days? :dry:

aren't you guys missing the point ...... I read the question as "what are stolen plates worth ?" (amongst the criminal community)

That is more what I was getting at, however it's good to know that I have options when it comes to replacing them! :thumbs:

aren't you guys missing the point ...... I read the question as "what are stolen plates worth ?" (amongst the criminal community)

That is more what I was getting at, however it's good to know that I have options when it comes to replacing them! :thumbs:

Well, since you reported the theft to the police, they'll be worth nowt one would imagine...

Police have just been around, very efficient!

They reckon it's pikeys after free fuel, so that's nice.

Interestingly, the chances are I'll now be stopped several times over the next few months, as the plates will now be flagged on their database. :doh:

Hi if your plates have military markings wouldn't you have to report them missing to the MP's in case someone wanted to use them to get onto a base? Just a thought!!

No military markings on them - they look like normal UK plates to all intents and purposes.

Thats ok then,hope you get sorted ok and you never know the police might find the so and so's(then again might not)!!!!!!!!!!!

It would be interesting to know if anyone does get caught. I doubt it'd be easy to find out though, it's probably in contravention of someone's human rights...

When you get your replacement plates, maybe you could place a nice bolt on the back. Ok, it means taking the bumpers off to do so, but at least they wouldn't be able to remove the plates again. As long as don't take it out on the car. :headhurt:

Interestingly, the chances are I'll now be stopped several times over the next few months, as the plates will now be flagged on their database. :doh:

Or, to be used on a stolen ZED to sell it? In which case do you want to post up the reg in a new thread to make potential purchasers aware? Might add to you being stopped more which is a downside but as long as you have an incident sheet from the local police with you that will mean you can quickly go your way :shrug:

Or, to be used on a stolen ZED to sell it? In which case do you want to post up the reg in a new thread to make potential purchasers aware? Might add to you being stopped more which is a downside but as long as you have an incident sheet from the local police with you that will mean you can quickly go your way :shrug:

I see what you mean Colin. Only thing is, if anyone were to do any kind of check on the registration it would return as not being available as it's not a regular registered plate. I'd like to think that would be enough to put anyone off or at least dig a bit deeper.

I've got no objection to putting the reg up if you think it would be of help though.