S20004u reviews

goatboy

When I was looking they had loads on their website, when I rang they had 1, and it was a high miler too.

When I asked if I could have a look and maybe a test drive I was told they were too busy and don't generally allow test drives.

Needless to say I didn't pay them a visit :boxing:

i have just bought my car from these guys,

the salesman (steve) who i spoke to was VERY annoying. he was quite dismissive and just thought that i was a test pilot.

i just popped into the garage on the way home from camping and was looking around when i spotted the car i was to buy. i was able to drive the car without a deposit.

things didnt really go too smoothly TBH as there was loads of confusion between the garage and the finance company and just loads of other stuff.

TBH i was going to walk out at one point but my GF told me to calm down and see what he had to say.

then when i was there on the second visit i met the owner of the garage and he really sorted things out. got things moving really quickly. i was happy with the condition of the car and the history. i even got my sisters BF to have a really good look over it. he seemed happy.

i also got 2 years full warranty. just in case!!!! this covers everything except the usual wear and tear items.

i am very hapy with the car but have mixed feelings about the garage.

i am following things up like the payment of the exsiting finance on my other car and (have yet to find the number) the previous owner.

Sparky

I contacted s2000 before i bought mine, had loads on the webpage and also pistonheads and a few on ebay, When i phoned the bloke (steve) he said they didnt have any in stock as they were all being sold online but he was getting one in the week after and if i gave him a 250 pound deposit he would hold it for me...he sounded very dodgy! I dont know how he gets away with it.

Norman motors in poole have a nice soft top in on a 2006 very tidy but over priced but you do get a gold warranty from them and they will even source one for you, bought my last four cars from them and been very happy :wacko:

I also contacted them by phone as they seemed to have a few to choose from, but decided not to make the trip after chatting to him for a bit. Didnt like his attitude, very condesending.... grrrrrrr, as well as the online stock being far from a true reflection of actual stock.

After reading this thread I'm glad I didnt give them the benefit of doubt and make the trip!

I bought my Zed from these guys. It was a mixed experience. The first guy I dealt with (Sean I think) was pretty helpful and was pretty accomodating on tidying up a few bits and pieces on the car which was done.

I did take the risk and put down the deposit without test driving on the promise of a full one on pick day and a full refund if anything wasn't right. I ws a bit hsitant about this, but in fariness the car was completely blocked in and would have taken ages to get out and they were very busy that day.

When I went to pick up I dealt with Steve. Didn't like him one bit. He tried to wriggle out of letting me test drive it, but I insisted so he relented in the end. When I got back and said it was fine he was pretty much 'I told you so'. He was pretty discourteous through the whole process, treating me like an annoyance rather than a valued customer. Also, after I had paid, he told me that there is no manual with the car, because he'd given it to someone else who'd picked up their 350 that week. At that point I was too excited about driving home to kick up a fuss but in hindsight I wish I had.

Overall I'm glad I bought the car, it hasn't missed a beat and I think I got a good price. I'm not sure I would deal with these guys again though, purely from my experience when picking the car up. To be honest if I was the owner and reading this thread I would sack Steve on the spot, he seems to be the main problem.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Just to re - open this thread having recently brought my Z from s2004u, it was defintely a mixed experience. After a couple of days of driving around the car kept stalling at junctions even with the clutch down. So i raised the issue with them and 3 different garages later and 4 weeks down the line the car was fixed at my local nissan garage in High Wycombe (they were very good!). It just required the throttle body to be cleaned as it had become carbonised. They paid for the fix and the diagnostic, however the car was also registered as disabled for tax purposes which they didnt inform me of, and the car badly needed a full service, which was annoying as they told me it had been serviced and MOTed at the same time just a couple of weeks before i brought it so that was a blatent lie!, rant over be very careful with s2004u! :rant: and take it on as proper test drive, ie not just the 10 mins i spent in it.

Also avoid steve the salesman, sean who seems to be in charge is very good and did help to sort out the issues I had.

I had similar experience on the phone with them when I was shopping for my zed - twice phoned them about a car to find it wasn't there - already 'sold' - but another coming in - if I would put a deposit down they'd hold it for me :doh::lol::lol:

I have been there a couple of times and found the sales people to be generally poor !! I know a few people who have purchased from them in that past and had a poor experience. Not where I would spend my money

Always seem a Yeeee Haaa ..... but that's just my opinion