Sat nav (09 model)

Ebized

I have to say I have been extremely impressed with the traffic information info that comes through the RDS-TMC system.

As I drove out of my road I saw a large red circle with inner white symbol appear on the screen for a nearby junction I had to pass and not seeing one before scratched my head and kept going only to come upon 4 police vehicles at the scene of an accident. When I got home I checked the manual to find that meant there was a road closure or restriction, which there clearly was. But the fact the gps had picked up on information that could not have been long posted by the police was impressive.

Other features like roadworks and queues on journeys have been useful. I particuarly like the split screen at junctions/roundabouts/motorways that makes it so clear which lane/exit to take, with the birds-eye views almost making the view life-like.

And the system worked 100% in getting us round the Wales routes in May - even June who has been sceptical about sat navs finds the 370 route navigation system that good she is feeling redundant :lol:

OK, so it does not have the post code function that 2010 370's have, but it is very easy to enter a place/road name, quickly offering options and then with the ability to move the map cursor to the specific location wanted, it is no chore at all.

Not having had an in-built sat nav before, I have to say it is proving very useful :thumbs:

I know its not the same system, and is generally disliked here, but I really get on well with the Birdview in my 07'.

The TMC works really well in that too, only downside being lack of postcodes.

Dont get me wrong, its no tomtom, but it does the job and I am happy with it :)

Have to agree Colin, it works wonderfully well. The 09 satnav is amazingly close to the 10 unit, bar touch screen and post codes. Having seen yours and its features, there really isnt any real difference between that at 2010 models. The multimedia is better in the 2010, but the 2009 is such a jump on compared to the 350z units.

Very helpful for Wales. I beleive you can also share the routes via a USB stick :thumbs:

Its not the GPS that picks it up. It is the radio component of it that does.

GPS merely calculates where you are relative to orbiting satellites.

But nevertheless good as the traffic info is broadcasted in a much more quicker time. Mind you there are enough traffic cameras planted around main roads so there is no reason why information can not be fed through in shorter time

I find the bloody thing so complicated I refuse to use it! In fairness I haven't read the manual but I would have thought it would be a little more straight forward. I do however love the media component of it, the iPod compatibility, being able to use a USB stick and all that. If I don't read the manual any time soon I best hope I bump into one of you guys so you can give me a run through :)

I find the bloody thing so complicated I refuse to use it! In fairness I haven't read the manual but I would have thought it would be a little more straight forward. I do however love the media component of it, the iPod compatibility, being able to use a USB stick and all that. If I don't read the manual any time soon I best hope I bump into one of you guys so you can give me a run through :)

Best way I found was simply to sit in the car for an hour or two and have a play with the menu options - I'm no whizz when comes to technology but its all quite logical once you find the options available and when you do need to plan a route the clarity of the instructions and viusal guidance are extremely good. Mind you, I had the car about 3 months before I decided to sit down and fathom it out :lol:

Best way I found was simply to sit in the car for an hour or two and have a play with the menu options - I'm no whizz when comes to technology but its all quite logical once you find the options available and when you do need to plan a route the clarity of the instructions and viusal guidance are extremely good. Mind you, I had the car about 3 months before I decided to sit down and fathom it out :lol:

Thank god its not just me then ....................... :headhurt:

Thank god its not just me then ....................... :headhurt:

haha and what annoys me even more is the girlfriend knows how to use it better than me! I'm taking your advice Ebized, I'm going to sit in the car and figure it out