RTA - Hit by a Clio

SteveW

Well today I was driving home from work in a queue minding my own business when bang, a Clio went into the back of me.

Nevermind accidents do happen at the end of the day.

Here is the damage

post-2854-135011888367_thumb.jpg

Basically it has put a number plate sized indentation in the paint / bumper and cracked all the paint like in a mosaic.

The lady who hit me has asked if its OK for it not to go through the insurance but i will be calling them tomorrow just to inform them should it all kick off when I start to get quotes for having it fixed. I'm happy for it not to, I would want the same if it was the other way round.

Do we think its gonna be a new bumper required? And if so anyone know the price?

Cheers

Steve

I'd go through insurance, thats what its there for and you don't have to sort any hassle out. Fair enough she might not want to lose her no claims, but its her fault at the end of the day so you shouldn't have to worry or do any running around for quotes..

Shouldn't matter whether you go through insurance or not you have all her details i presume so i would just tell her it's going into Garage X and will cost £Y and let her pick up the invoice for it.

hope it gets sorted a.s.a.p :thumbs:

Paul

I ended up going through insurance when some guy scraped the drivers side of my Zed ...

He said he'd rather have it repaired privately so I got some quotes ... after a lot of messing around it was obvious that he just didnt want to pay for the work so rang my insurance company and got them to sort it ..

Yeah I can see what all are saying about pursuing the insurance route but i will give her a chance, she does genuinly seem like a trustworthy person. I have reported it to my insurance just for information at this stage but should it need pursuing and it looks like I'm getting messed about I will be pursuing it.

Yes I have the reg I will check it out. Thanks green monkey!!

Clean bill of health it was about a 3mph impact.

Repair bill is 317 pounds which she is more than happy to pay and meeting me on Monday to give me the cash.

The place I went to, who have a really good rep round here, said it doesn't need a new bumper even though i tried pushing him down that path. The assessor said it will be an easy fix, strip off all the paint, put the bumper in a forming oven, reshape to original profile and repaint. There ill be no issues, he checked out all the structural pieces, crash bar, boot floor etc and all are ok the aluminium shows no evidence of stress marks so I'm happy, it will be fixed and in better condition than it was before she hit me. :thumbs:

Unless I now put the money to an aftermarket bumper . . . . . . agh decision decisions :band: