276 bhp + wet track = ??? Garage queens look away!

captain

It was like Wacky Races after the rain. Saw about 5 "amateurs" come off in total during the day and another 5 "pros".

Some of us didn't slow down as much as we should have. :blush:

And the result is on lap 3 below.................

9:42:39 should of warned me as I almost lost it coming out of the pits. :drive1 Not to mention putting the back end out about 6 times, mainly trying to put the power down coming off the last corner in to the straight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSNLXiHuLNY

cool, what does the front mount look like my front cam just hit the ground scraping...

Watching that I'm getting a feeling that it's REALLY hard to drive a automatic car on track, does it not have a tiptronic/geatronic function? Must be real hard to keep it smooth, wonder if that would have happened with manual gearbox. What spec tyres are you running? What PSI where they on?

Looks to be a pretty easy track, did you get any dry tracktime?

It's the best place to get the Z moving (track that is) and the safest way too! What's your next plans! :D

cool, what does the front mount look like my front cam just hit the ground scraping...

Watching that I'm getting a feeling that it's REALLY hard to drive a automatic car on track, does it not have a tiptronic/geatronic function? Must be real hard to keep it smooth, wonder if that would have happened with manual gearbox. What spec tyres are you running? What PSI where they on?

It's the best place to get the Z moving (track that is) and the safest way too! What's your next plans! :D

1 - £10 mini-camera camera strapped to tow-bar with brown parcel tape.

2 - Tiptronic in 3rd when I span.

3 - Falken 452 tyres. 37 psi.

4 - Dry tracktime in post below

5 - Next plans? Remove front seat ballast (g/friend on Blackberry "working from home") high-flow cats, Uprev flash.

I know I shouldn't be doing all this on an Auto but what the heck? :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5MhnVdily4

Hope you like it. Turn it up loud! Times of 1:29, 1:31 and 1:28 with two-up with stuff in the boot. Very well prepared!!

Quite pleased to keep within 1.5 secs of a stripped out M3 on the 3rd lap with lots of racing add-ons, roll cage etc. For people who thinks it looks a bit slow, that's 112mph at the end of the straight (Jap limiter) just before braking for the blind left-hander on the crest. The best bit on the track is taking the long right-hander just before this flat-out in 4th at about 105. :teeth:

The GT-R in front lost it on the next lap and went off at the chicane. Took of his nearside front wheel, front wing and spoiler. :byebye:

In my experience Falken 452's let go suddenly when you reach the limit in the cold or wet, with no chance of recovery.

I still have no idea why they have such a following on here :wacko:

Thanks. I'll remember that when it comes to buying the next set. :thumbs:

I did a sprint day in my tiptronic, on a wet track, on illegal RE040's, and i was all over the place. It was a horrible day! Not helped by the fact that it was 1 run every 15mins, so you could never get any heat in your tyres etc...