Best clutch for gearbox,

andlid

Quality control of the left foot along with a decent bit of left hand-eye coordination would be the best place to start methinks ;)

Why do you want something other than a normal clutch?

Hmm just feel that it engages the gear abruptly sometimes feeling a bit like a ‘bang’ unless you slip the clutch a bit if you know what I mean.

Quality control of the left foot along with a decent bit of left hand-eye coordination would be the best place to start methinks ;)

Hmm just feel that it engages the gear abruptly sometimes feeling a bit like a ‘bang’ unless you slip the clutch a bit if you know what I mean.

Maybe your dual-mass flywheel is pooped. If the springs are worn or broken then the clutch will engage with more of a bang than normal.

Personally I like my solid flywheel as it's lighter. It just means you ave to match revs a bit more carefully to avoid anything abrupt.

Interesting, you still on the stock clutch? I get a similar feeling on occasion with the Exedy + Fidanza combo, but I know that's just down to the nature of it at low speed and me being slightly useless: It doesn't do it when I'm at speed with high tempo shifts. Could well be flywheel related, or a combination of that along with an adjustment needed on the clutch pedal itself? Might also be a slave or master cylinder issue, dodgy seal and it's jumping when you don't expect it.

Does it do it when hot, cold, or random?

Maybe your dual-mass flywheel is pooped. If the springs are worn or broken then the clutch will engage with more of a bang than normal.

Personally I like my solid flywheel as it's lighter. It just means you ave to match revs a bit more carefully to avoid anything abrupt.

Hmm so wonder if thats true because sometimes I get a clutch judder driving off with lowish revs... feels like the balance of the flywheel might be out?

Interesting, you still on the stock clutch? I get a similar feeling on occasion with the Exedy + Fidanza combo, but I know that's just down to the nature of it at low speed nd me being slightly useless: It doesn't do it when I'm at speed with high tempo shifts. Could well be flywheel related, or a combination of that along with an adjustment needed on the clutch pedal itself? Might also be a slave or master cylinder issulutche, dodgy seal and it's jumping when you don't expect it.

Does it do it when hot, cold, or random?

Random completely... hot,cold, random... Can't put my hand on it. I'm still on the standard clutch and flywheel with 69k/km on the clock. If I 'bliip' on upshifts it does not seem to happen to often. Might look into the clutch pedal and master cylinder... could it be the clutch fluid too? Thinking of it when I press the clutch in I can hear it squeeky from the outside... ?

Mmmm HELP! :bounce: