My Zed vs Clio 172.....

chrisjones6699

My mate owns a 172 Clio and the other day he pulled away from me on a motorway and I just about kept up with him at 40-80mph. Now is this suprising and should I worry about my Zed underperforming?

I have both. Clio keeps up until 80ish then the 350z flies after that.

Yeah it's like the Zed against a lot of wee nippy FWD cars. Once you get into the leg stretching zone of the Zed 80+, then it's just acceleration all the way to the top!

I find hot hatches are faster round town and what not (honestly not like I drive like that) because they are geared so much shorter than the zed. Its like my brothers boxster, It does 75 in 2nd! Obviously geared for the autobahn and track.

• 2 months later...
I'm always reaching for 6th in the Swift Sport but it just isnt there. Around town little FWD cars can show up alot of more powerful heavier cars.

I love my swift! What a car, get it in the high revs and it flys but agree I go for 6 all the time. Not really designed for motorway driving. Had it at a 125 easily though.

My c2 vts was a flying machine aswell and gave alot of big car a run for there money.

My mini cooper s works, that's a whole new story! That thing was fast. I reckon I would destroy my zed on the track in it. Reduced pulleys and bigger top mount intercooler and pushing 210bhp with works then the kit was supposed to take it to 225. Thing was scary!

I'm always reaching for 6th in the Swift Sport but it just isnt there. Around town little FWD cars can show up alot of more powerful heavier cars.

I love my swift! What a car, get it in the high revs and it flys but agree I go for 6 all the time. Not really designed for motorway driving. Had it at a 125 easily though.

My c2 vts was a flying machine aswell and gave alot of big car a run for there money.

My mini cooper s works, that's a whole new story! That thing was fast. I reckon I would destroy my zed on the track in it. Reduced pulleys and bigger top mount intercooler and pushing 210bhp with works then the kit was supposed to take it to 225. Thing was scary!

We had a C2 VTS before aswell. Didnt like that so much compared to the Sport, no feedback and understeered loads, traction control was on/off aswell where as the Sport lets you play. Had a play with a guy in a Fiesta ST in the C2 and he was well shocked when i told him it was a stock 1.6 as he had breathing mods on his ST.

On papaer the 350Z should beat a 172 all day long?

I nearly put a car into reverse by reaching for 6th. Luckily as i reached and took it out of 5th i realised that there was no 6th gear (or reverse was where 6th should have been)