Another very satisfied Spill customer

AndyC

looked at these a few times, how do nissan look at them being fitted do they invalidate your warranty are nissan happy we are messing with the wiring of the z.

max.

In addition, you're using existing mounting points which are not currently being used.

What is the point of these mounting points?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good question mate, but IMO as Spill has already pointed out it was a cost saving exercise by Nissan and as lomoto has said they sell the kits as an extra - so put 2 & 2 together and its to make the fitting of Nissan's aftermarket kits a nice easy job & therefore a better selling item.

• 1 month later...

Kit just fitted - my 2nd mod (after K&N filter :boxing: ) - very easy install thanks to Spill's fine instructions, took me (completely inept due to presence of short vestigial wings where hands should be) about 45 minutes.

Will go for a spin later and see if it feels any different, although having hard the car less than 2 weeks I may not be able to tell! B)

The biggest problem is if you have just fitted it then you will subconciously be looking for a benifit that may not be there. The best test of these things would be 4 test drives on the same day. 2 with / 2 without but the driver does not know which ones are which and then see the comments.

Made my own kit from 25mm tri-rated cable and cable lugs and heat shrink sleeving, looks very proffesional as you would expect from a sparky, but i must admit i did not notice any difference but at least i know it is grounded very well as quite frankly the single earthing point from the battery onto the chassis is a joke. :thumbs:

Made my own kit from 25mm tri-rated cable and cable lugs and heat shrink sleeving, looks very proffesional as you would expect from a sparky, but i must admit i did not notice any difference but at least i know it is grounded very well as quite frankly the single earthing point from the battery onto the chassis is a joke. :thumbs:

I never noticed any difference with mine when I fitteed a set either beavis :surrender: but agree with you on the flimsy original earth strap mounting point, I dont think they could have found a thinner section of metal to put it to if they had tried :headhurt:

Guest prescience

Im no electrical engineer but if there was a voltage drop issue, would the very thin cable not have got hot or are we talking such minor voltage and hence current values anyway?

I fitted Spill's kit a couple of weeks ago. I definately noticed a difference. Firstly with the smoothness of the engine, just didn't sound as rough. It is a very subtle difference and I couldn't say that I still notice the difference. When I initally started the engine I also noticed a difference in the throttle responce. Engine seemed to react quicker when I was reving the engine.

The biggest problem is if you have just fitted it then you will subconciously be looking for a benifit that may not be there. The best test of these things would be 4 test drives on the same day. 2 with / 2 without but the driver does not know which ones are which and then see the comments.

I completely agree. I ve seen similar things happen plenty of times with people noticing improvements when there weren't any (this was with motorcycles dough, stupid example: the suspension setup guy changes the suspension settings by turning some screw 4 clicks to the left, and then 4 clicks to the right again, so nothing was basically changed, but the rider didnt see this, he only knew his suspension was 'tuned'. Out on the track and when coming back: 'wow what a difference, the bike feels much more stable' .... :wacko: )

It all just begs the question where he's gone?? :wacko:

:bye:

Sorry mate I thought I'd PM'd you

You've got mail :)

As pointed out some will some won't personally I believe it's down to how well the ecu is grounded.

As for testing now my cars running I will in the next week or so do some tests and post the results

I have the grounding kit but have yet to fit it so will let you all know. I could film a before and after or would the difference not be so obvious?

Film what exactly? Its how the car feels, which you can't film :)

Which could be portrayed with facial expressions... which could be filmed darn it Sandwich!!! :p:p