Another very satisfied Spill customer

AndyC

Last week I finally got round to ordering the much talked about Pete Spill Grounding Kit. To be honest I was a bit skeptical that it would have that much difference to the car, even though there's been some great feedback on here from different people.

When I opened the pack that had arrived (very promptly) from Pete I was even less convinced, I mean its just a bunch of wires how can it make that much of a difference?

Anyway, I cracked on and got it done in just under an hour but this was also while being on the phone for most of it so its well doable in under an hour. I must confess that this was down to the easiest and most understandable instructions I've ever seen :thumbs:

All fitted nice & neatly and nothing difficult about the job at all. I've had her for just under 18months now and I couldn't believe the difference as soon as I fired her up - straight away I could hear the difference, she was idling much much smoother. But it didn't stop there, went out for a short blat and the kit has really ironed out everything right through the rev range.

Also I used to have a bit of a lurch (almost like a slight bog down) when I'd changed from 1st to 2nd (and no it wasn't my driving, it happened to everyone who drove the car) which has now gone completely.

All in all absolutely fantastic, I can't believe what a difference its made to the car, anyone that hasn't got one get one now!!! :teeth:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what is this kit and what does it do?

To put it simply its a wiring kit - theres 6 wires which you connect to different parts of the engine & battery. Like I said above, really simple & makes a massive difference plus only 60quid!!!!

EDIT - sorry forgot to add that it makes the earthing of the car MUCH MUCH better, the theory is that cos of this the ECU can see a cleaner signal and perform better.

Guest prescience

Not everyone believes that it makes any difference at all.

Most say it makes the engine feel/run better.

Some even say it gives you more power/better MPG - though I can see no justification for this whatsoever

Not everyone believes that it makes any difference at all.

Most say it makes the engine feel/run better.

Some even say it gives you more power/better MPG - though I can see no justification for this whatsoever

I think the more power/better MPG may be a perceived benefit as its smoother. I've certainly got no better MPG.

Car still not running so haven't had a chance to put the meters on, when it's sorted I will post up.

and just to confirm

Some cars do react differently when earthing kits are fitted IMO it's down to the way the ECU is earthed......

.......the main reason why we need a grounding kit is pure and simple cost saving by Nissan and this has been proved.

also

THE KITS DO NOT INCREASE BHP, I HAVE DYNOS TO PROVE IT :D

Personnally I never noticed an improvement in idle and yes I scepytical when I first fitted one, what I did notice more than anything else was trying to pull away from islands in second gear, it just wouldn't happen the kit sorted that and have never looked back.

MPG who knows, I never get over 18 anyway

:thumbs: cheers Andy

Some cars do react differently when earthing kits are fitted IMO it's down to the way the ECU is earthed......

.......the main reason why we need a grounding kit is pure and simple cost saving by Nissan and this has been proved.

Mine was obviously badly earthed cos the difference is massive, nice one to you Pete :thumbs:

looked at these a few times, how do nissan look at them being fitted do they invalidate your warranty are nissan happy we are messing with the wiring of the z.

max.

You're not actually messing with the wiring, all you're doing is adding some wires none of which actually mate up to the loom. In addition, you're using existing mounting points which are not currently being used. The only actual interference with existing wiring is to connect 1 wire to the factory earth point and another to the batter neg. I've got no concerns about it invalidating my warranty :thumbs: