Bump with a tow-bar - advice

MRH 350Z

Bugger! :angry:

Someone reversed a mini-bus into my 350Z yesterday and placed a tow-bar shaped hole in the rear bumper!

It could have been a lot worse I guess; dissapointing nevertheless! Pics below.

A.jpg[/img]

B.jpg

Should be covered by the insurance so not a major issue... I'm getting a Milltek Sports exhaust fitted in the next couple of weeks so glad it didn't happen after the fitting.

Anyway: the impact wasn't massive by any means... although big enough to do the obvious damage! Other than the clear need for a new rear bumper is there anything else I should ask the repair company to consider/look for? There doesn't seem to be any other obvious damage and the car drove as normal for 70 miles after the impact.

Any advice appreciated.

Matt

once your body shop has seen it and assessed the damage, you can push it out to look better until its fixed. take a hair dryer to it or heat gun (becareful if you use it) heat the plastic and you should be able to push it out from behind once the plastic is soft. and to an extent as you heat it; it should return under its own steam.

becareful not to blister the paint though.

as for the damage thats defo a new bumper; but a good opportunity to fit something aftermarket as most are actually cheaper than a replacement OEM bumper.

once your body shop has seen it and assessed the damage, you can push it out to look better until its fixed. take a hair dryer to it or heat gun (becareful if you use it) heat the plastic and you should be able to push it out from behind once the plastic is soft. and to an extent as you heat it; it should return under its own steam.

becareful not to blister the paint though.

as for the damage thats defo a new bumper; but a good opportunity to fit something aftermarket as most are actually cheaper than a replacement OEM bumper.

Thanks for that; I'll certainly give it a go.