Sarnie crashed Zed on test drive

mugwump

"once upon a time in darkest Brum..............."

"a cheeky chappe named Sarnie decided to test drive a Zed"

he had abit of Bird's yellowest custard before going to the dealer...

Since childhood he always had a fetish for yellow . this is put down to the fact his mother force fed him bananas from an early age..

Since childhood he always had a fetish for yellow . this is put down to the fact his mother force fed him bananas from an early age..

not to mention WHERE she force-fed the bananas...

this clearly resulted in him having poor colur judgement, a quality he still has to this day

not to mention WHERE she force-fed the bananas...

This also had an undesirable effect on his features :scare:

8-4-2006-20.jpg

Come on Sarnie, fess up. I want to hear what happened :teeth:

Barstard ;)

Ok here goes :blush:

Arrived at Westway Nissan in Birmingham city centre on a sunny November morning. Sat down in the dealership with the salesman giving me all the patter. I was in a pretty negative mind set as I thought I was gonna buy a boxster and was not very impressed to be surrounded by Micra's and Nissan burgers :scare: I had a rosy picture of the Porshe dealership on the A45 near Coventry, where they would be rolling out the welcome mats calling you sir etc etc. No such luck at Westway :dry:

I had been looking at zeds for a while and had limited knowledge of what to expect. To be honest I didnt even know it was rear wheel drive or what difference that even made :blush: (awaits a deserved flaming :surrender: ) I had not found these forums and was on my ownsome :console: He led me out to the zed I was test driving. My jaw nearly dropped to the floor when I saw it in the flesh. GM, Alezan, sat nav, Nismo kit and alloys the full works :D

Sales guy got in the drivers seat and fired her up. OMFG!!! That V6 sounded awesome. I have to admit I was sold already :teeth: The sales guy pulled off and tootled off down the road towards the blues ground. We pulled over in a trading estate and swapped seats. I tried to pull off and bunny hopped down the road rather embarrassingly :blush: To be fair, at the time I was driving a Megane coupe and wasn't used to a 280 bhp beast. Eventually got used to the biting point and the power delivery and set off. Drove pretty conservatively for 2-3 miles. Went past St.Andrews and turned back on myself at the Blue Nose (anyone from birmingham will know where this is). At this time of the day there was standstill traffic going in the opposite direction. Starting to get a bit more confident I unleashed a few of those horses. Got to about 50 pretty rapidly :teeth: At this moment I was coming to a cross roads to which I had the right of way to go straight over. Some idiot in a 20 yr old jap import edged out of the stand still traffic and tried to shoot straight across the junction :nono: There was no way of avoiding him and I tried to chuck the car to the left unsuccessfully. I avoided ploughing straight through his car and instead just demolished the whole front end of his shed of a vehicle :surrender:

His car was in a million pieces but the zed was pretty much in one piece :thumbs: I got out very shaken and took a look at the poor zed :scare: The whole drivers side from front to back was a mangled mess with bits of wing pointing in all directions!! The driver of the other car who was of African origin acted very very suspiciously and blatantly gave bogus details and was no way insured!! Found out later that he was untraceable, and there was a point that I thought Nissan were going to come after me for the dosh :scare:

The worst bit was to come however. Going back to the dealership :cry: The sales guy had obviously phoned ahead to advise of the accident. The zed was only just driveable and we limped back onto the dealership forecourt with virtually EVERY member of staff standing there looking in horror at their pride an joy all mangled. There was much whispering and finger pointing and to say I was excruciatingly embarraseed is an understatement :surrender: To be fair most of the staff were great though. I did think twice about taking my own zed there for servicing thinking someone might want a bit of payback. I did take it there and they did damage it and it was another embarrassing conversation with me moaning about 2 scuffed rims and a scratch to my centre console, with them obviously thinking your taking the **** after what you did to our zed matey :scare:

After all that initial incident everyone said it was a warning and to not buy one, but I looked at it a good thing as the cabin of the zed and not faultered and I was unscathed :thumbs: The 5 mins prior to the crash was enough to totally hook me and 14 days later this was on my drive :teeth: :

car-1.jpg

Followed 7 months later by this:

Meguairs014-1.jpg

:wub:

I crunched a laguna on a test drive before i got off the fourcourt,scraped the passenger side front to back on a pillar,said they would do me a deal on it when it hade been fixed i said no thank you its been in an accident and whent some where else.

max.

Why did you get rid of that Kuro in favour of the UY :scare:

Personal choice mate. Why does anybody chose to do anything?

The kuro was nearly outside of warranty, had 33k miles on it rapidly rising etc etc.

I really wanted the nismo kit and alloys for it. To buy original nismo kit and have it painted and fitted plus 19 inch nismo alloys and tyres there would not of been much change from £5k if any at all :scare: And what would it have added to the resale value? Very little. So I spent the money instead on an 06 UY with Nismo kit and 2k miles :thumbs:

Pretty sure that my UY would sell for more than my old kuro if I had put the nismo kit and alloys on it :)

Very true mate. Aftermarket stuff generally adds very little to a resale. Unless you can find someone who wants exactly what you have and is willing to pay premium for it.

Sarnie, nice story though :) Feel for you buddy :)

Don't feel for me mate, IT WASN'T MY CAR :teeth:

Guest prescience
Why did you get rid of that Kuro in favour of the UY :scare:

Personal choice mate. Why does anybody chose to do anything?

The kuro was nearly outside of warranty, had 33k miles on it rapidly rising etc etc.

I really wanted the nismo kit and alloys for it. To buy original nismo kit and have it painted and fitted plus 19 inch nismo alloys and tyres there would not of been much change from £5k if any at all :scare: And what would it have added to the resale value? Very little. So I spent the money instead on an 06 UY with Nismo kit and 2k miles :thumbs:

Pretty sure that my UY would sell for more than my old kuro if I had put the nismo kit and alloys on it :)

makes sense - but it did look like a nice example B)