Wanted - Y-pipe to fit Scorpion

rawbhp

I currently have the Scorpion exhaust (rear section only) and having heard some other cars with aftermarket Y-pipes, I think I'm going to try one. The Scorpion on its own is great, but a little extra volume and some pops and bangs would be nice B)

Before I look at new ones, does anyone in the Herts/Bucks area have one for sale?

Heres a Envy Y Pipe 2nd hand on Nissan Sports ... £140 the guys looking.

http://forums.**REMOVED**.com//index.p ... opic=25765

not sure your allowed to post links to "them over there" :lol:

Pretty sure you can since the ban has been lifted :)

You absolutely can post links to **REMOVED**, you are correct. However blatent abuse of this wont be tolerated. In this case its perfectly fine. Supprised Tim hasnt posted it over here himself, might have gotten some interest :thumbs:

Where did you pick it up from Wasso?

Thats good I was able to post this I thought id stepped on some peoples toes by doing this ... :(

Can someone also let me know in terms of flow and buold quality how does the Ichiba compare to the motordyne?

All purchased and fitted by Abbey - great service.

In terms of the technical specifications I haven't got a clue - although I've followed the advice of the professionals. I guess it all depends on budget? My budget was streched quite some.... although the install and benefits of the work are very satisfying! B)

Yea Motordyne seems to get the positive reviews.

Dont really want to bolt on budget stuff on my HR so think ill end up with the XYZ pipe.

I heard that TYest pipes give the best gains but can be quite noisey for general driving is that so? How does yours sound paired with the stock system? Raspy or deep?

On low revs it's a nice warble.... 3k and it opens up - 4.5k it screams!!

I'll try and get a video of it and post up. I can't tell if it's raspy in the drivers seat, and I'd be keen to know that it's not raspy. A friend of mine said it now sounded like a drag car!!! :scare: Although I best get a video so that I know for myself also.

Hope this works:

th_20100628202851.jpg

Just as I gave it the first set of beans at 3k the wind blows, there's then a 5k hit and a further 3k hit.

I think I may have to move the camera round to get a direct blast - as it sounds slightly tame in the video shot.

Let me know your comments.